Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica MAT 124G
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Yashica MAT 124G Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice....is this fully working? I see so many on ebay and it's good to have something to compare them to if this has all it's working parts.
Do you use it Attlia?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Fo wrote:
Nice....is this fully working? I see so many on ebay and it's good to have something to compare them to if this has all it's working parts.
Do you use it Attlia?

Yes, it is in fully working order include accurate light metering. I will put onto sell tomorrow, I love my folders better so I don't keep it.

Samples taken by this camera.
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/filmcamera/japanese/yashica/yashica_mat_124g/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I love my folders better so I don't keep it

Are you going to put photos of these in the equipment section? What is the main difference between a folder and These "Box" cameras?Besides the obvious shape Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Fo wrote:
Quote:
I love my folders better so I don't keep it

Are you going to put photos of these in the equipment section? What is the main difference between a folder and These "Box" cameras?Besides the obvious shape Smile

This camera has waist level finder and it's mirror genuine picture. Folder camera has view or rangefinder and they are smaller. This makes 6x6 , folders can make all format from 6x4,5 to 6x6 , 6x9 I have top folders what are makes better quality images like Voigtlander Bessa RF Heliar, Skopar etc. Also I have Pentax 645 with tons of P6 lenses.

Folders

6x6

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/filmcamera/german/franka_solida_3/

6x9 + 6x4.5

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/filmcamera/german/Voigtlander/Bess
aRF/
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/filmcamera/german/Voigtlander/bessa_rf_heliar_latest/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,They are beautiful cameras...one day I may go and buy my own Very Happy

2nd link has an error,I love those panorama photos.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I owned one just like this and it took amazingly good pictures. I finally bought another a couple months ago -- not the "G" just the plain 124. And I love it. Here's a link to a thread of mine here with some photos (scroll all the way down for all the photos):

http://forum.mflenses.com/yashica-mat-124g-fujichrome-100-t21745.html

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice looking camera.

In many ways it looks more professional than many Rolleiflex I have seen.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Fo wrote:
What is the main difference between a folder and These "Box" cameras?Besides the obvious shape Smile

As Attila said, there are many types of folders available... but on the majority of them, there is no focus aid at all: you guess, you measure, or you use an auxiliary range finder. The best ones have the rf.

On the box shaped side, there also are many types: the actual "Box Camera" which is just that, a box with a little peephole or two to help aim and frame... mostly these box cameras have no focus provision at all, single or at most a couple of speeds and apertures... they became the 'focus free' cameras and Instamatics of later years...

A step up are the TLRs - the cheaper ones also don't focus, but you have a better view finder than with a basic box.

The frame shape is 99+ % a square - it's awkward to turn one of these on its side to get a different frame orientation. The 'real' TLRs focus - so you can focus and frame with a convenient, though reversed, viewfinder.

The TLR was the professional camera for several years, given its rapid use and fairly accurate framing. It was eventually pushed out by SLRs - the Hasselblad and the Nikon F.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nesster.....A bit more challenging than a slr. Very Happy Very interesting the differences between them all.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Fo wrote:
Thanks Nesster.....A bit more challenging than a slr. Very Happy Very interesting the differences between them all.

More joy , try some times.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will at the moment I am watching what the prices are doing and looking at what camera does what.
There is a local photographer who is using a folder at the moment.I saw him up the ladder early one morning taking a photo of his parents business. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Fo wrote:
I will at the moment I am watching what the prices are doing and looking at what camera does what.
There is a local photographer who is using a folder at the moment.I saw him up the ladder early one morning taking a photo of his parents business. Very Happy

Laughing

go to yard sales perhaps you can find one really cheap.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think cheapest way to try TLR is to get flexaret or rolleiflex standart. they go really cheap, and pictures are amazing. this rolleiflex has superb lens, almost as sharp stopped down as later models. and flexaret makes also nice pictures, not sharp but dreamy-like. nice for portraits. TLR is also great to learn basics of photography and composition, for its simpleness