Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica Electro 35 GSN
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Yashica Electro 35 GSN Reply with quote

Colour shots - AGFA vistaPLUS 200. B+W - Ilford XP2 400

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots! I've got an Electro 35 GT that I have yet to use. I haven't come up with a replacement battery setup for it yet. So, I'm curious -- what are you using for a battery or batteries?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Great shots! I've got an Electro 35 GT that I have yet to use. I haven't come up with a replacement battery setup for it yet. So, I'm curious -- what are you using for a battery or batteries?

Hi Michael,

Ah use, http://www.yashica-guy.com/index.html

Yashica guy's adaptors along with this one from the web (can't find the address)...

476A battery in the UK - think it's A544 in US. The one pictured is about half the price of Yashica guy's but Y-guy's site is a great source for all things Yashica.

Cheers, Boab Cool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp shots.

The 476a you mentioned is 2 from http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/sbc_4lr44.htm?4lr44,GP,Vinnic,Eveready,476A

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need an adapter. Just stack a CR123A battery with 2 LR44 batteries and you'll get your 6 volts and the stack will fit without an adapter. To make it easier to handle wrap a bit of tape around the edges of the 2 LR44s.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dof wrote:
You don't need an adapter. Just stack a CR123A battery with 2 LR44 batteries and you'll get your 6 volts and the stack will fit without an adapter. To make it easier to handle wrap a bit of tape around the edges of the 2 LR44s.

Excellent! Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You don't need an adapter. Just stack a CR123A battery with 2 LR44 batteries and you'll get your 6 volts and the stack will fit without an adapter. To make it easier to handle wrap a bit of tape around the edges of the 2 LR44s."

It's not a good idea tae mix chemistries in batteries. Ye can get overheating and leakage, which'll lead tae inaccurate metering etc. Use only lithium, or only alkaline together. A single 6v lasts longer, is more consistent and more convenient. Ye can use bubble wrap and a coil if ye don't want tae outlay $4/5 for an adaptor. They're easy enough tae make, if yer inclined. Laughing

Quotes aren't working?