Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica DSB 50mm f1.9 on A7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject: Yashica DSB 50mm f1.9 on A7 Reply with quote

I mistakenly bought an adapter for C/Y mount for my sony so naturally i had to get a lens to go with it.
After about a month of trolling i gave up on getting a $10 item and grabbed this Yashica.
It's not mind blowing but for some reason it has stayed on my camera for weeks.
have only shot wide open so far as am trying to push it to find the Wide open sweet spot with my camera.
Well i haven't found it yet but it's making me happy along the way.

New Fern

100% crop

This is Skitz.
She is here every morning and evening.
The most jittery wallaby i've met to date.

100% crop further afield and some resolution lost, but still got my happy face.

The rest are because i like the color.

No PP at all as it should be!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my Yashica ML lenses, they might not be the very best lenses money can buy but they are solid performers, lenses that I know will deliver good results. I have read that the DSB lenses use the same elements in a cheaper body and have simpler coatings? I don't know for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those results look very good to me.
A very useful lens indeed.
Thanks for sharing these.
OH

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first DSB 50mm was crap. but some one gave me another and it's much better...overall I'm not impressed with my DSB lenses compared to some many excellent nifty fifty's that are around.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSB was Yashica's second line where ML were their prime lenses. I agree that I never saw anything special in the DSB lenses I've used but the ML lenses shine.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh.
I read all about DSB being the single coated, lower quality cheap line, and have a 135 2.8 which is almost unusable its that bad but this little lens goes pretty good and i like using it. I don't have any ML versions, in fact i only have a few nifty 50's and all of them are technically better, sharper, more accepted but there is just something about this little yashica. It has been said on here that "the best lens is the one you have with you"
Well i have had this with me for a small amount of time and it is a delight to use. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
I have read that the DSB lenses use the same elements in a cheaper body and have simpler coatings? I don't know for sure.

+1.

yours seems to be a very good one.

Good details, contrast and colors.