Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica 42-75mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Yashica 42-75mm Reply with quote

I picked up this lens together with a FX-D quartz camera, and it's a sweet combo! The mechanics is just right when it comes to aperture ring, focus and zoom. And even though the only pictures taken so far comes from an old expired tri-x 400 roll I like the lens already.

The Yashica next to its cousin Very Happy

When it comes to image quality it does quite well!

By the way, where can I find the photos uploaded directly to this site?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice , especially interior shots !

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I think it works well with the slight softness that the zoom design contributes to.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, great shots. Is this the ML version of this lens? Considering that is one of the more affordable Yashica ML lenses, I'm very impressed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it's the ML, mine looks almost mint and is very nice to handle! Now I want a ML 28-85mm hehe.
Thanks!

This one was very affordable, ~ 5€ Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a shot at 42mm, f/3.5. It's a bit soft wide open but stop it down and it behaves.

A crop from picture #6 probably f/8. The lens is not the limiting factor here Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a lot to like about Yashica ML lenses. I have got a couple of older DSB zooms - 38-90 / 3.5 that isn't bad at all, and a 35-105 / 3.8-4.8 that is average. But all my ML lenses are excellent, especially the 80-200 / 4 which I rate as good as my Vivitar Series 1 lenses, maybe better?
42-75 might be an uncommon range, but it is still a useful one, is this Yashica a rival to the Rokkor 35-70?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a minolta 35-70 3.5 as well, and think a proper side by side test is required to find that out. Unfortunately I don't have a digital camera to put these lenses on. But my bet is that the md 35-70 is probably superior in all aspects except for weight.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, and congratulations on the deal. How does it compare to the Fuji?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't done a proper test with the fuji yet, it has this really stupid metal tab in the way that's just asking to be grinded off. But I don't have the heart to do it!

The fuji at 75mm, partly mounted.