Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

YASHICA 10cm(100mm) F2.8 TOMINON SUPER YASHINON-R
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: YASHICA 10cm(100mm) F2.8 TOMINON SUPER YASHINON-R Reply with quote

Just bought this lens in a thrift store with leather case and front cap. Us $20 After google search it appears rare anybody know more about it. Think it is a pentax rangefinder mount but not sure. Any info would be appreciated.

Brian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no Pentax rangefinder that I know of.

Yashinons like this would likely have been made in -

Screwmount Leica (M39); either for Yashicas own rather rare (ex-Nicca) M39 rangefinder; this would be in the later 1950's
Yashica-specific SLR bayonet (Pentamatic) for the earliest Yashica SLR's - @1959-62
M42 screw mount - 1961-62 to 1978 or so.

No doubt other mounts are possible, but would be true rarities.

Tomioka made many lenses sold as Yashinons. There was a 100/2.8 lens made for the Pentamatic (the early bayonet), so this may be yours. Not easy to adapt so I doubt there is much experience with it.

This is Butkus' manual for the Pentamatic - scroll down and you will see the accessory lenses supplied for that mount. As far as I know these may have been the only lenses made natively for that camera. Check out the 100/2.8, it may be yours.

http://www.cameramanuals.org/yashica_pdf/yashica_pentamatic.pdf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never seen never heard lens by me, congrats!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Pentamatic 35/2.8 preset.

Very nicely built, quite sharp, but suffers from CA and veiling flare.
If yours is a Pentamatic lens, there is no adapter available, you can make an adapter to use it on NEX or other body,
All you need is an A-mount to NEX(or what ever mount) adapter, the front face of the adapter needs to be shaved down enough that the lens mounts and is snug, then the adapters mount that you just worked on needs to be removed so the body of the adapter can be shortened to permit infinity, I don't have the measurements handy, but I can provide them later.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies! Lightshow thanks for the photos! It appears to be the pentamatic mount like yours. To bad to here about the adaptability. Probably just try to sell the lens.

Thanks again,
Brian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkwphoto wrote:
Thanks for the replies! Lightshow thanks for the photos! It appears to be the pentamatic mount like yours. To bad to here about the adaptability. Probably just try to sell the lens.

Thanks again,
Brian

I'll buy it for what you paid + shipping. Smile
+ some extra for the hassle.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought one a month ago... I should have some pics soon, top notch build quality.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only 13.5 version with the pentamatic has removable mount via three tiny screws, just an FYI but not sure if the same maker for I have not found much info for it and does not have the "tominion" on its ring.
Have a very few ugly samples in this forum.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a useful link for Yashica lenses.
http://www.captainchaoz.talktalk.net/yashica%20lenses2.htm
"Pentamatic Bayonet Fitting
Yashinon-R 1:2.8 f=3.5cm

Super Yashinon-R 1:2.8 f=3.5cm Tominon

Auto Yashinon 1:1.8 f=5.5cm

Auto Yashinon 1:1.7 f=5.8cm

Super Yashinon-R 1:2.8 f=10cm

Super Yashinon-R 1:2.8 f=10cm Tominon

Super Yashinon-R 1:2.8 f=13.5cm

Yashinon (180mm 1:3.5)"
To clarify, I have both Tominon lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow,

There is Super yashinon-r 13.5cm f3.5 meant for pentamatic that exist, that I just saw today.
https://yashicasailorboy.com/2016/11/09/yashica-super-yashinon-r-lens-by-tomioka-optical/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:

Just forgot to bid on the listing of a 10cm f/2.8 and a 3.5cm f/2.8. I didn't see my cellphone reminder but saw the ebay reminder letting me know it was finished. Sad((
Whoever got the lenses, please enjoy. Smile)

A few days ago I forgot to bid on a Yashica 100mm f/3.5 macro as well...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
Lightshow wrote:

Just forgot to bid on the listing of a 10cm f/2.8 and a 3.5cm f/2.8. I didn't see my cellphone reminder but saw the ebay reminder letting me know it was finished. Sad((

I suffer from the "Mark it for bid just before auction ends then forget to bid" affliction as well. I have missed out on some real bargains doing this. Ah well. I have too many lenses already (just ask my wife!)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:
Lightshow wrote:

I suffer from the "Mark it for bid just before auction ends then forget to bid" affliction as well. I have missed out on some real bargains doing this. Ah well. I have too many lenses already (just ask my wife!)

I've also missed a few auctions because I calculated the wrong end of auction, now I add a bid of what I think I'm willing to pay, then if I forget about it I at least had automatic bids up to my initial max bid.

Still looking for a Super Yashinon-R 13.5cm in Pentamatic. The chrome nose version.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:

Same here. I think just because I have too many lenses, I started to slip some of the marked bid. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:

I've also missed a few auctions because I calculated the wrong end of auction, now I add a bid of what I think I'm willing to pay, then if I forget about it I at least had automatic bids up to my initial max bid.

Still looking for a Super Yashinon-R 13.5cm in Pentamatic. The chrome nose version.

I didn't realize it is Pentamatic mount until I searched and found this thread. The Pentamatic seems quite rare.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Pentamatic is relatively obscure, Konica F seems about as obscure, Topcon R was more common, well, in my experience, someone in Europe or Japan would likely have different experiences for how common different mounts were.
I came across my 3.5cm by chance, was immediately drawn to its build quality and after adapting it, its rendering. So happy it found me.