Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yamatar Auto 3.5/200 Telephoto
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Yamatar Auto 3.5/200 Telephoto Reply with quote

Inspired by oldhand and the Listar lens,I have been looking in my box of old lenses( The lenses that came in lots or just ones that came with a camera and I have forgotten about) and found this one. A Yamatar 200/3.5, it is M42 mount but does not work ,I mean there is no movement of the blades so it is stuck wide open.The mount comes off which I am not sure if it should or not.Reminds me of a T mount but not as tidy.

Anyway here are some samples wide open and images of the lens itself...a nugget of a 200mm lens,heavy and short and fat.

#3 The 3 rings are the focusing grip.

#4 The insides of the mount there is a thin ring that holds it all together.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting. From the same family as the "R" serial Soligors and similar Optomax line. Only speculation as to who is the maker.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamato/yamatar seems to have been a distributors brand, maybe Japan or Asia only as its rare in the US.
I have a feeling that this may be connected somehow to the series of lenses under the Itoh Higon name.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your interest,there must be "dozens" of these unknown lenses out there,it would be nice to see them posted on the forum. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Tue May 10, 2016 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly needs a hood when shooting towards the sun. The weather is rubbish here at the moment ,I may take it out and give it a better trial on the weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen on US ebay as a Global 2.8/135, funnily enough with mount problems ...serial starting with R403733
See here while the listing lasts Click here to see on Ebay