Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wirgar 135 f4.5 Fujita Made
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Wirgar 135 f4.5 Fujita Made Reply with quote

I received the Wirgar 135 f4.5 Fujita made lens today serial number FT28944. I won this on the Bay for USD $2.26. Pretty close to mint condition. Pictures of the lens I will try to take tommorow. But I will post the auction pics now.

Very small lens, about 2 1/2" long (just under 6.5 CM). Need to MIC it,
but probably 35 or 36 mm filter thread.
Mount I believe is Exakta, but they did make them in M42. I will try to get samples from the lens, but I will handhold the lens, because I don't have an Exakta EOS adapter.

I didn't realize they made Fujita lenses under this name, so I'm pretty excited with this beautiful little lens. Very Happy

Last edited by walter g on Mon May 23, 2011 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great find! And almost for free Laughing

It's a great little lens, I mean really little Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Great find! And almost for free Laughing

It's a great little lens, I mean really little Very Happy

+1 Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the smallest 135 lens I have.I will post a couple pics from the lens a little later. I'm on a quick break from working in my garden.
I have the upmost respect from anyone that can hold a lens in front of a camera not mounted and still get a good shot.
This is my first try. Embarassed Shot is wide open.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second pic. Color reproduction seems pretty good for this lens. Please tell me what you think. More pictures to follow later today. No PP shot wide open.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: Wirgar 135 f4.5 Fujita Made Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
I received the Wirgar 135 f4.5 Fujita made lens today serial number FT28944. . . . .

This topic has been quiet for a few years, but I'm bumping it because I recently bought a close relative of walter g's lens.
My Wirgar 135 f/4.5 has serial number FT28942 and also has an Exakta mount.

135mm is a focal length I enjoy, so I was curious to try this miniature 135. Early on, I've found the lens to have pleasant rendering and wide open softness. As far as I can tell, the accessory thread is 38mm. I don't have a hood that size, so I've been using my hand as a shade when needed.

This lens has a single focus helicoid. So when focusing, the focus and aperture rings rotate as a unit. To adjust the aperture without altering focus, the focus ring needs to be held still. The aperture is manual - not preset - and the ring on my copy is clickless.

I don't mind the wide open softness, but because of the handling, this will never be my favorite 135mm. But I'll keep it anyway just for the novelty value.

Some sample shots from my Sony A7ii, at f/4.5 and edited to taste:

So how small is this lens? As walter g noted, the wirgar is about 65mm long. Here it is next to my Ashreh 135mm f/2.8:

And here's the 1962 sales receipt for my Wirgar:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the best in any one category, but you can make images with it. It might be especially handy on a smaller APSC camera. The sort of lens that is arguably more useful now with mirrorless cameras than it may have been with optical viewfinders and lower fixed ISO.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:
. . .

That mountain is impressive!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That mountain is impressive!

I imagined living there, and if there is snow all year round, I could have enjoyed free ride skiing all year long, right under my nose.
But looking at this picture, it feels like someone sent me a postcard from a place that feels i will never see.

Btw, where is this place, and how high is this mountain? my guess minimal 1300m ...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mountain is Mt. Taranaki, in the province of the same name in New Zealand. When I was a bit fitter than I am now I would ride up to the snowline, an 800m climb from my house in Stratford. The height of the mountain is 2580m, the mountain basically dominates the province in terms of weather as well as photographic interest, and the weather it brings means that days where you can take these photos are not that often.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oohh that looks ...

2500mm is very high, so thats the whole year round skiing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like that for maybe 3 months a year, then for 3 months coming into spring/summer the snow slowly recedes. From February to April there is very little left, practically nothing, and you can safely climb to the top. From the car park near the snowline it's a three hour climb up and another 3 back, about 1400m. New Zealand is exactly opposite on the globe from Spain / Portugal, and the southern hemisphere generally has milder temperatures than the corresponding northern hemisphere locations. We certainly aren't as warm in summer as Spain I don't think.
View as I neared the top last year.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:

The mountain is Mt. Taranaki, in the province of the same name in New Zealand. . .

Beautiful. Thanks for the background info and photos. I'd been wondering about the mountain's effect on weather there.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a place to live at ..!

just NZ gov is no go for me ..