Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Will, Wetzlar Wilon 4.5/105 (Large Format Lens) - updated!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Will, Wetzlar Wilon 4.5/105 (Large Format Lens) - updated! Reply with quote

Hi!

I recently got some large format and projector lenses to play around with at my EOS.
Last Sunday I found some time to build a home made lens construction.
I took a EOS body cap, drilled a hole in it, glued a plastic muffle to it and out the lens into a fitting plastic tube, so that it is possible to focus.

Here is a picture of the construction (at my EOS600):

And here are some first results:

100% crop - unsharpened!

100% crop - unsharpened!

These pics were shot at f4.5 (which is wide open for this lens).

I was pretty amazed by this performance...

Carsten

Last edited by LucisPictor on Sun May 06, 2007 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a wild and crazy guy, Carsten! Laughing But pretty spiffy results! Smile

Bill

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

katastrofo wrote:
You're a wild and crazy guy, Carsten! Laughing But pretty spiffy results! Smile

Bill

I know, Bill, sometimes I lose my self-control, get a weird idea and try to accomplish what I have in mind. Wink

This for example happens when I can buy two large format lenses and 4 projector lenses for about 14,-... Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

I know, Bill, sometimes I lose my self-control, get a weird idea and try to accomplish what I have in mind. Wink

This for example happens when I can buy two large format lenses and 4 projector lenses for about 14,-... Very Happy

Makes it all the sweeter, doesn't it? Smile I think this effort is your best-in-show, at least from viewing the samples.

Bill

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is the only "real" camera lens.
So, it's no real surprise that this lens performs better than the other, projector lenses. Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some more work, it looks like this:

I painted the tubes matt black and put some anti-slip duct tape around the mounted pipe, in order to have a better grip.

As a next (and last step) I will add a 49mm UV-filter at the mount of the tube to prevent particles and dust falling into the camera body.[/img]