Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wide-angle Pinhole Camera
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Wide-angle Pinhole Camera Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA7-oGVpvsU

It works fairly well, actually, when it cooperates. Next time I'll make it out of black ABS instead of clear plastic. The angle of view is a bit wider than normal. I want to say it's about 135-ish degrees.

This focal distance, pinhole size, and film size typically yields a 96mm image circle with a 107-degree angle of view. Curving the film causes near-full film coverage (image circle of around 115-125mm).

I'll link results when I have them scanned, but they've been mixed. Some shots are good and some are, well, neither perfect nor acceptable.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! we made one exactly like this at school in the 60's from an old Maxwell House coffee tin. We used some sort of film that the teacher developed that had a raised surface (etched?) that we inked and printed.

I may give it a go. I'm picking up some 5x4 film in a couple of weeks.

Thanks!!