Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Who has Vivitar 28-90 (komine)?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Who has Vivitar 28-90 (komine)? Reply with quote

I've got one coming to me which will be used on the 5Dii as a walkaround until I get something better.

Any stunning samples to share?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So nobody here has ever owned this lens? Rolling Eyes

Last edited by martinsmith99 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes,I have the whole line up of Series 1 lenses from the era...but mine are on slides...I'll have to mount it on DSLR and get some shots for you.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Test Shots from Vivitar 28-90mm Series 1 Reply with quote

Not Bad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
So npobody here has ever owned this lens? Rolling Eyes

I have it in om mount

3x more pics taken at end of day

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW gil, those are amazing!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:

+1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:

+1

+2
How cute are these cows!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one in Nikon AI mount, and owned one in Canon FD mount for years. Took hundreds of slides with that lens. It was, and still is, one of my favorite zooms and is just about a perfect walking around lens, I've found.

Here are some images I've scanned from slides taken back in my active Canon FD days.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice lens

Here's a few.

Pen5tax K100 D

Phil

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20108
/big_2710_2890_and_200Pan_010_1.jpg]

[/url][url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20108/big_2710_2890_006_1.jpg]

[/url][url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20108/big_2710_2890_009_1.jpg]

[/url]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A relative handed me a copy in FD mount, use it together with a adapter without the correction lens so very limited range. To windy outside for close up work now so just a couple indoor abstractions. Look forward to try out this lens some more.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the 28-90, but the 2.8-3.8/28-105 which is as good.
A fantastic zoom lens.

And still, I do own too many lenses and thus I might sell it in the next days. Anybody who is interested, please watch the marketplace support (or send me a PM beforehand)...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one used with my olympus film cameras.

The 90mm end is pretty good, but I hardly got sharp images at the 28mm end unless it's stopped really down. It may be just my copy, though I doubt it.

Camera:Olympus OM4T
Lens:Vivitar Series 1 28-90mm f/2.8-3.5
Film:Kodak Ektar 100
Scan:Plustek 7500i + SilverFast SE Plus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edb wrote:
I have one used with my olympus film cameras.

The 90mm end is pretty good, but I hardly got sharp images at the 28mm end unless it's stopped really down. It may be just my copy, though I doubt it.

Camera:Olympus OM4T
Lens:Vivitar Series 1 28-90mm f/2.8-3.5
Film:Kodak Ektar 100
Scan:Plustek 7500i + SilverFast SE Plus

Welcome to the forums, edb! We have sort of a built-in anti-spam filter here, where a new member's first post won't display images. But by quoting your message, we can get them to display.

Some very nice colors on that old building!

As for softness at 28mm, I can't say I've had the same experience with my copy. It's been quite sharp at wider apertures. The only drawback I experienced with mine was some vignetting at 28mm at smaller apertures.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:

Welcome to the forums, edb! We have sort of a built-in anti-spam filter here, where a new member's first post won't display images. But by quoting your message, we can get them to display.

Some very nice colors on that old building!

As for softness at 28mm, I can't say I've had the same experience with my copy. It's been quite sharp at wider apertures. The only drawback I experienced with mine was some vignetting at 28mm at smaller apertures.

Thanks, cooltouch. Now I understand.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum (and one of my many old threads).