Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Which Agfa to buy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Which Agfa to buy Reply with quote

I find very cheaps cam agfa (6x6, 6x9 35mm).

Which is good purchase? Which lens?

In this way I will know which is the cam to buy. Thanks.

Rino.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isolette II or III (better, with coupled rangefinder) with Solinar lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If folder , mostly they have trouble with below.

http://certo6.com/cameras.html

This guy is expert on this area, ask him in mail for advice.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best quality for money would be a late (i.e. without depth-of-field calculator on the left knob) Isolette III with Solinar - Solinar Isolette IIIs can frequently be picked up for less than 30 Euro on ebay. Don't hesitate to bid on ones stated to have a stuck, lens or rangefinder - these are a bit cheaper, and indeed no worse, as the supposedly good ones are inevitably stuck as well. Late Isolettes usually have a good bellow, so that you may get around with only a CLA and maybe a few minor patches on the bellow to revive them.

In my experience, many old cameras with leaf shutter will have a internally warped and destroyed shutter - often, somebody in the past tried to "repair" the camera by forcing the stuck shutter. As shutters from a large number of cheap non-rangefinder (I,II,V) Isolettes can be used as a drop-in replacement, that is a rather uncritical damage in the case of the Isolette III in particular.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SEVO, ATTILA, AG

Thanks, very much. As always, some guys will be there for help.

Rino.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

35mm agfa cameras : Karat 36 with xenon 2/50 schneider or solagon 2/50 agfa .An authentic marvel...
and a stunning compact with an excellent rangefinder/viewfinder: Optima 1535 Sensor.