Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Which 35mm camera?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject: Which 35mm camera? Reply with quote

I currently have a zorki-4. Looking to add a second shooter with similar build and image quality but without any Mechanical weakness. I'd prefer something that doesn't require batteries

I'm very interested in Minolta, Exakta or m42 compatible as I have a bunch of glass already. Really want to put my pancolar or minolta glass or CJZ exakta glass to film use. What do you folks suggest?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you? postage can make a difference between a cheap camera and a good camera at a decent price.

I've got a bunch of cameras that I want to sell, from Zenit's and Petri to Minolta XD7, Yashica FX-D, Practika's of all kinds, Olympus OM10 + OM30 and some others, most have new light seals

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you want a Minolta mechanical camera that just needs a battery for the light meter then IMO it has to be the SRT101b...if you want a bit of automation and still can choose manual then the XD11 is nice. All the SLRs can use M42 screw lenses that can be stopped down manually, with an adapter..

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mentioned Minolta, Exakta and M42 in one sentence. Minolta made 2 adapters to fit Exa and M42 mounts on their SR bayonet (MC/MD).

Basically you can buy any Minolta body, just pick one that suits your needs, there is a lot of information on Rokkorfiles.com about Minolta bodies.

Original Minolta MD adapters by René Maly, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses,
I was already leaning to Minolta, you guys have me sold. Always found them appealing. I definitely prefer mechanical, old sturdy construction with fewer features. srt-101 might be it

Lloydy,
I'm located in western Canada, unfortunately shipping from nearly anywhere else is quite expensive. Paid almost as much in postage for the zorki as the camera itself. Worth it though.

Edit to add:
Alright not a 101 but close! Just bought this bad boy SRT 200
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/131995584805
$30 Canadian including shipping but I'm gambling it's untested with film..