Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What is too much to pay for an unusual lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:44 pm    Post subject: What is too much to pay for an unusual lens? Reply with quote

https://petapixel.com/2021/10/11/canon-1200mm-f-5-6-sells-for-580000-most-ever-for-a-lens/

People with WAY too much money LOL!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People that can spent so many dollars in something that they will not use are people who do not care about this amount of money. For someone who ned to use it, a Sigma 800/5.6 is only 40% shorter but costs only some thousands and can be more seaily replaced in case of damage.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose I financially struggle more when I pay 200$ for a lens than whoever bought this. Sometimes I don't really need a lens I buy, possibly even less than this person. It's relative. If I can barely afford what I buy and I still buy it, why should it make more sense than this purchase? It's all relative, most of us suffer from lens collecting disease; and while I seek Helios or Zeiss Jena lenses some people go for extremely rare stuff. Maybe it's a photography enthusiast like most of us, maybe just a wise investor who's going to sell it for nice profit in a couple of years. Of course, it could be a total lunatic as well; what do I know. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Money laundering?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather this than £40 for a third party vintage f4.5 80-200 zoom as seems popular now on ebay. No, just saying its made of metal in the description won't sell it... Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

200000€ for a soviet photosniper is also not bad.
https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/108546770_goi-fs-fotosniper-prototype

and 42000€ for FED-1 ...

Soviet gears are not that cheap anymore Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazer0ne wrote:
Well, I already had the one for my yacht. Thought, it would be nice to get a second and make them into binoculars.

-Alistair Hennessey

YAAAAAAH!!!!! Laugh 1 Laugh 1 Laugh 1 LOL! Thank you! You made my day!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take a Canon 600mm L plus a 2x teleconverrter to go please.