Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What have I done to myself?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: What have I done to myself? Reply with quote

New toy arrived this morning: A Plustek OpticFilm 8200i film/slide scanner. Just firing it up and playing with it now. I've got thousands of slides to go through, dating from the '50's to the early '80s.

Details later..........

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My little cheapo scanner has been working hard I've managed to do about 300 so only about 2500 to go. Your scanner will take ages to scan each slide.

Why not contract the job out to one of the kids? Or maybe an illegal who'll be glad of $2 an hour!!

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
My little cheapo scanner has been working hard I've managed to do about 300 so only about 2500 to go. Your scanner will take ages to scan each slide. .......

The vast majority of my slides are of 'snapshot' grade, and as such will be scanned at the lowest resolution possible. I have 300-400 'keepers' that, of course, will be scanned at max res and saved as TIF. I see no reason to scan the 'snaps' at anything other than lo res if al I'm gonna do is email a JPEG.

philslizzy wrote:
.........Why not contract the job out to one of the kids? ........

I don't have any.

philslizzy wrote:
.....Or maybe an illegal who'll be glad of $2 an hour!!

Because... I, am an arteest!

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm starting to get the hang of this thing.