Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What adapter to NEX should I use?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:17 am    Post subject: What adapter to NEX should I use? Reply with quote

Just get this lens: Mamiya/Sekor F.C. 35mm 2.8. I thought it is Exakta mount. However, when I try it on the Exakta to nex adapter, it does not fit? Any idea?

Thanks!

Chien

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks like exakta type
Check here http://herron.50megs.com/prismat.htm
Topcon also share similar exakta mount, but some adapters (mine is for eos) doesn't fit my topcon RE lenses. need to modify I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what I think, but the adapter I buy from rainbowimaging does not fit correctly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221979683805?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chienma wrote:
That is what I think, but the adapter I buy from rainbowimaging does not fit correctly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221979683805?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Some exakta adapters allow the lens to rotate into position, but the locking lever fails to engage properly and the lens remains loose enough to become unattached when focusing.
If this is the problem then the little hook on the lever needs to be slightly filed to allow it to engage the pin on the lens.
OH

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! But, it seemed to me that the bayonet "lips" can't "fit" into the adapter when I turn. Not sure where the problem is Sad

Anyone else has experience on those Mamiya/Sekor F.C. lenses?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using a marking pen, I suspect a faulty adapter, the marker pen should show where you can try 'adjusting' it
you could also try removing the face from the adapter and trying that on its own which will let you see more easily what's going on

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this might not be Exakta fitting after all. Wasn't there an early 1960s Mamiya-made SLR badged as Argus (or some other trade mark from a major retailer) that had a lens mount that resembled the Exakta one but which was not actually compatible? I certainly do recall adverts for the camera with the 'Exakta-style' lens on it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe scsambrook is correct. If the register is same or close to M42 and the exakta-like mount comes close to fitting inside the M42 adapter, maybe it can be modified to work (lens mount or adapter).

Just FYI, I had trouble with an Exakta adapter, then replaced it with one from RainbowImaging and the Rainbow one works very well.