Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What about Sigma 18mm f2.8 M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: What about Sigma 18mm f2.8 M42 Reply with quote

Hi guys,

a shop nearby has the sigma 18mm f2.8 m42 lens in its lineup for 99€ in very good condition! As christmas comes, I think about buying this next year to add some wieangle to my M42 setup (currently 55 1.8 and 135 1.Cool.

I can't find much on the Sigma, and all the photos taken with it seem to be long gone!

So, does somebody has this lens? Or does somebody had this lens and has some pictures left?

Any advice would be wellcome! Is the price ok?

ciao,

Karhallarn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also be interested in such a wide angle M42 lens and curious about the answers, hopefully sample shots.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

99 Euros is a reasonable price for sure for this lens. It's reported to be ok but not brilliant.

For wide angle I would go for 24mm Ensinor which I recently found out is the same as the 24mm Clubman. Both are sold cheaply, but the Clubman is easier to find and cheaper.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@martin: 24 would be nice on a full frame body but my Samsung GX20 is only APS-C, so the 18mm would be a lot nicer!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Karhallarn If that's the lens at the Photohaus in Hamburg, I just bought it...

Will post some experiences in the next weeks (as time allows).

Sorry for snatching it away & cheers

Wolfgang

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@wolfgang: Yes that was it!

Let me see what I missed!

I bought a Vivitar 28mm f2.5 and a Soligor 55mm f2.8 Macro in Bonn, so I wouldn't have bought it now anyway!

Frohes Neues und Hummel Hummel Moors Moors!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Wolfgang!

Nice to see you here! I look forward to see your samples!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Attila: Thanks for your welcome!

@Karhallarn: The first impressions aren't that great - it seems to be quite soft, and the mechanics (of course) don't match those of my Super Tak and Tomioka-Revuenon. I hope to upload some pictures later this week.

How does your Vivitar perform? I'm thinking of getting one myself to fill the gap between 18mm and 55mm...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vivitar is a great little toy! I had it for my Nikon about half a year ago and sold it because it was nonAi and I wasn't able to stop down!

It's quiet sharp wide open and get's really nice from f4 down! The mechanics are nothing short of the Series 1 lenses! Ir's absolutely great!

This was done at f4