Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What a suprise !
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: What a suprise ! Reply with quote

I just bought the new MD to 4/3 adaptor and go about looking for some cheap MD lenses to try. I chanced upon a local forum thread that someone is getting rid of some crappy MD lenses. I read on. It says only the 135mm is in good condition but the 45mm and 50mm had focusing problem and fungus. Thus, the going price is $70 SGD for three of them. I decided to give it a bet, at most I would be expecting some third party lenses for a spin.

This is what I actually got

What a suprise !

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 45/2 and 50/2 are both very competent performers, the 45 is pretty much a secret shared by Minolta stalwarts for being outstanding. Although I have numerous faster Minolta standard lenses I found myself using the 50/2 most often. If you can get them serviced at a reasonable cost it might be worth the effort, but of course, YMMV.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seele wrote:
The 45/2 and 50/2 are both very competent performers, the 45 is pretty much a secret shared by Minolta stalwarts for being outstanding. Although I have numerous faster Minolta standard lenses I found myself using the 50/2 most often. If you can get them serviced at a reasonable cost it might be worth the effort, but of course, YMMV.

Hi there ! Thanks for your reply and information. I got some shots taken with 50mm f2 and 135mm f3.5 over here

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,171181.html#171181

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Cow! Those shots from the 50 and 135 on the other post are OUTSTANDING as far as resolvence and crispness! You got a STEAL on those very fine lenses.