Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Watch this baby folks (Fuji X100)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Watch this baby folks (Fuji X100) Reply with quote

http://dpreview.com/news/1009/10091910fujifilmx100.asp

APS-C
35/2 (35mm equiv.)
Real optical Viewfinder just like the good ol' days (with ability to be switched to EVF).

Dream come true? Hope the pricetag would be lower than PEN Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just beautiful... the lack of interchangeable lens is both a blessing and a curse. For Fuji it might be a blessing. For us, MF addicts, it's a curse.

I've been holding hope that Fujifilm would joine m4/3... but now...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning ,beautiful little retro camera... Shocked Depending on the price and how it actually turns out images...it should be a great seller just on style!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo, absolutely agree! Can't wait to see some reviews on this.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful camera, it was time someone decided to design and manufacture a digital fixed lens (almost) rangefinder. The problem with Fuji is that their high end cameras, the Natura or their medium formats, cost quite a bit of money and I think the x100 will be quite pricey too: between the Leica X1 and a top of the line APS-C DSLR, so from 1500$ to 2000$. But I'm starting saving for it. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Nikkei.com, around 1700$...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens diagram shows a very interesting looking objective indeed.

I really really really want this camera. But likely will never buy it due to the thin purse of mine.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shame, 10 years ago, we had a large selection of high quality small 35mm
now they come with crops, this Fuji X100 is even bigger than the GR1v on this pic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ylyad wrote:
According to Nikkei.com, around 1700$...

So have to wait 5-10 yrs Laughing silly price...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guessing the price is always fun, but USD 1700 seems very much on the high side for the UK market at any rate. That would make it around GBP 1350 including tax which would be more than I'd want to pay for it. Even if it had 'Leica' and a Red Dot on the front ! But at USD 750, that might be a different thing altogether . . . it's nice to dream Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: UPDATE Reply with quote

They say it's gonna be 'in the region of USD 1000'

http://dpreview.com/articles/photokina2010/Fujifilm/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shame! $1000us Shocked