Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Walk with the Ensinor 2.8/24 Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Walk with the Ensinor 2.8/24 Macro Reply with quote

Took a few primes out today but used this lens most. Bright and sunny weather which suited a B&W conversion.

Levels, a touch of burning and sharpening applied to pics.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I couldn't post in the digital section (as a film user) but this thread is convenient for everyone to join in. Well for me I have a love\hate relationship with this lens as sometimes I get very good results and other times not, and I know it is not me as when I use a 24mm sigma super wide II in similar shots (except close ups) I don't have many failures i.e. in quality.

Anyway the good shots with the Ensinor 24mm:-

I thought this was a good start photographing my roses as I'm not photographing in direct sunshine anymore but bright cloudy conditions.
Ensinor 24mm, supermarket dev and scan and adjusted in PS to try and get the shot looking as I see it with my eyes.

Playing with a tilt shift program, dunno if this is realistic as I don't own a tilt shift lens. This lens is contrasty and suilts this subject

Just a snap cos I'm pleased how my front garden is improving, but this shot suits the ensinor, supermarket dev and scan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a copy of this two or three times, not bad but not great, better colours than the crappy Cosina 24mm.

If you wan a cheap but great 24mm, get an old Nikkor, the old single coated one I have is light years ahead of any of the cheap Cimko/Sigma/Cossina 24s.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh - 4 years before I get a reply. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I had a copy of this two or three times, not bad but not great, better colours than the crappy Cosina 24mm.

If you wan a cheap but great 24mm, get an old Nikkor, the old single coated one I have is light years ahead of any of the cheap Cimko/Sigma/Cossina 24s.

Well of course I would like a Nikon (and others) lens but a couple of pre AI 24mms on the bay are over £180 which is double the Canon 24mm Shocked But my philosophy is what you don't know, you don't miss and if I did pick up a Nikon very cheap I'll probably agree with you in saying "what a superior lens over my Sigma".
It's a shame that members are spaced out over the UK as we could try each other's lenses out to get better opinions on our copies ....I would not post my favourite lenses and would not expect the same from others...but if you ever come to the London area you would be welcome to try any of my equipment from RB67 to Yashica T5 compact, with lenses that I think are very good and I could try yours.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:

Laughing What were shots like as I've forgotten.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens in Canon mount and have been trying to trade it for a Nikon mount for some time now. Still no luck.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikonshooter wrote:
I have this lens in Canon mount and have been trying to trade it for a Nikon mount for some time now. Still no luck.

Have you tested the lens, if so what is your opinion Question

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where you're finding the 180 quid Nikkor 24mms, mine was less than 30, they commonly sell for less than 50.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I don't know where you're finding the 180 quid Nikkor 24mms, mine was less than 30, they commonly sell for less than 50.

Well you have to be very lucky and look worldwide to get one for about £30, as on completed listing there are none.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

Well you have to be very lucky and look worldwide to get one for about £30, as on completed listing there are none.

They are in high demand and almost always the bidding is frenetic in the dying minutes. I'm not going to bother chasing after a wide MF lens. It's cheaper to buy a new Nikkor kit lens $109 or a new Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 for just over $300.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:

One was Severn Bridge, but long since deleted.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:

Well post some more as we have been deluged with Helios threads and it would make a change Laughing I've also have Ensinor 80-200mm f4.5 and also same but F5.6 zooms to keep the momentum up Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

Sorry, not true, mine was bought in the UK, I bought a second one for a friend who shoots Nikon, if memory serves me right, one was 28ukp, the other was 34ukp, both bought in the last 9 months. Keep looking, they are really common.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:

Well post some more as we have been deluged with Helios threads and it would make a change Laughing I've also have Ensinor 80-200mm f4.5 and also same but F5.6 zooms to keep the momentum up Wink

I've posted a few images from this lens over the years (one recently that included a close up of a bee http://forum.mflenses.com/ensinor-24mm-flower-and-bee-t59761.html). It usually gets the comment about sharpness.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:

I've posted a few images from this lens over the years (one recently that included a close up of a bee http://forum.mflenses.com/ensinor-24mm-flower-and-bee-t59761.html). It usually gets the comment about sharpness.

Indeed you did, but you put your last results in the digital section and forgot there are still some film users around in a time warp. Wink but I suppose most digital uses are not interested in film shots, but would think they could learn something about lenses as they are all from full frame cameras.