Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Waiting for my rokkor...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Waiting for my rokkor... Reply with quote

My rokkor 58/1.2 is shipped... waiting....

But hell.. traveling to Dallas till mid of next week... hopefully, it will reach by Saturday mail.. (so that I can convert before leaving on Sunday)...

But I broke my Canon FL 55mm f1.2 during conversion. /me almost crying... I almost completed the conversion, everything fell apart glass mount, helical part and base/mount all stuck together when I was assembling all the parts...

/me mad... and end up buying other Canon FL 55mm f1.2. I lost $65 in first conversion... and end up spending $40+$10 S&H on this second buy...

and yes, Rokkor has become my most expensive buy (yet)... $200 Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear your trouble. I look forward your report!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that.

I know the feeling. Having gone through a Rokkor conversion, I believe the risk is less than converting the FL Canon. You got your Rokkor cheap! Congrats.

I hope you will like your Rokkor as much as many of us who managed to get one. The Rokkor and 'Cron 90 are my two most used lens now, in between testing lens that I managed to get cheap on the web, after all that's the joy of MF.

oh...good luck withe the conversion....try to use bench drill instead of tthose cordless handheld ones. My Rokkor is still mounted with 3 screws as the fourth is not aligned....as result of inexperience and handheld drill. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed