Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Volna-9 .....Sweet Volna...sample photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Volna-9 .....Sweet Volna...sample photos Reply with quote

Today, the Volna-9 was on duty. I love the colors delivered by this lens:

f/5.6 1/400sec.

f/5.6 1/800sec., shot directly into the sun -- the Volna doesn't flare, only a bit of ghost image.

f/8 1/200sec., not a trace of purple fringing or chromatic aberrations -- the star-shaped iris can be irritating though Wink.

f/2.8 1/50 sec., the Volna is very usable for nightshots -- it delivers a dreamy athmosphere.

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more pictures I see taken with the Volna, the more interesting this lens gets. (No, I must control myself, must at least wait until the next camera fair...)
Thanks for the nice shots.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigger cabinet Carsten....? Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty Russian thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots Abbazz - I too have really learnt to love this lens. It has its own character and can provide some very sharp results. Bole takes some controlling though

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for the sweet comments. I particularly like the Volna for shooting outside, because there is no other lens delivering blue skies like the Volna. Usually, blue skies look washed out. With this lens, they retain their true blue color which looks more natural than the saturated hue delivered by a polarizing filter.

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another nice set, Abbazz! I think the lens loves you back! Wink

Bill

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LL

I think you will love this one - I know it came as a major surprise to me. Orio can take the credit for advertising it

patrickh