Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in
Voigtländer Bergheil with Heliar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Voigtländer Bergheil with Heliar Reply with quote

Few weeks ago, I bought this little gem. Overall in good condition, except for the shutter, that fired only with one time. Today, I got that shutter back from repair and it works again like a charme.
Now keeping my eyes open for a developing tank for 6x9cm glass plates. I have several still sealed plates for this format.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lovely little gem, indeed!
And the fact that you still have some sealed 6x9 glass plates makes it really exciting to play with it. Ages ago I played with some 4x5 glass plates, but I ended up developing them in a tray, like the photographic paper, in red light (they were orthochromatic).

Some time ago I had a 6x9 Bergheil, but it was a little different than yours. Mine had different horizontal and vertical front movements, each with its adjustment knob. Yours looks like having 2 vertical adjustment knobs, one on top of the other. How do they work?

P.S.
Looking closer I can see that yours have a horizontal adjustment lever, as well.
Are the 2 vertical adjustment knobs just a design element?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dan_ wrote:
A lovely little gem, indeed!

Are the 2 vertical adjustment knobs just a design element?

Yes, the lower one is for the adjustment, the other one contains the level.

Guess I will end up developing in complete darkness when developing in a tray