Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtlander SL repair in the U.S.A? stuck aperture
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Voigtlander SL repair in the U.S.A? stuck aperture Reply with quote

Hi, all--

I've got a 125 APO macro, and the aperture blades are stuck open. A local repair guy said he thinks it's the motor, which I didn't know it even has. He doesn't have the part.

Anybody know to whom I might send this lens.

Thanks,

Jeff

Last edited by jdeitch11 on Sun May 01, 2011 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff, contact Steve Gandy in Los Angeles, he is the official U.S. representant of Voigtländer and surely will be able to either fix it or recommend who can fix it for you --> http://www.cameraquest.com/

I remember (can't find the topic) one member on NikonGear.com who had the same problem a long time ago, 125/2.5 Macro APO Lanthar with stuck aperture. If I recall correctly it was quite easily fixed by a qualified repairman as it turned out to be a spring or lever which just had become misaligned.

I can't of course tell if that's valid in your case, but in your shoes I wouldn't give the lens to that local repair guy though... the fact that he believes a manual focus lens to have a motor to control the aperture already erhmm disqualifies him from the Worldwide list of qualified lens repairmen Laughing

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
I remember (can't find the topic) one member on NikonGear.com who had the same problem a long time ago, 125/2.5 Macro APO Lanthar with stuck aperture. If I recall correctly it was quite easily fixed by a qualified repairman as it turned out to be a spring or lever which just had become misaligned.

I can't of course tell if that's valid in your case, but in your shoes I wouldn't give the lens to that local repair guy though... the fact that he believes a manual focus lens to have a motor to control the aperture already erhmm disqualifies him from the Worldwide list of qualified lens repairmen Laughing

The Canon EF version of this lens DOES have an electro-magnetic motor controlling the diaphragm blades. The Nikon version DOES NOT. The speculation does not make sense until we know which mount this lens is...

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:14 am    Post subject: Voigtlander SL repair in the U.S.A? stuck aperture Reply with quote

It's a Canon mount. I put in a message to CameraQuest and am awaiting a reply.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected Embarassed
I sure hope repairing it turns out to be a trivial task and cost

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Voigtlander SL repair in the U.S.A? stuck aperture Reply with quote

That sure makes two of us!

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
Esox lucius wrote:

The Canon EF version of this lens DOES have an electro-magnetic motor controlling the diaphragm blades. The Nikon version DOES NOT. The speculation does not make sense until we know which mount this lens is...

ouch! - this hurts! Smile

aoleg -- thanks for the info.

tf

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the stuck aperture has made it totally worthless.

Send it to me, quick, before its value drop even lower Laughing

Best wishes to your repair. Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Voigtlander SL repair in the U.S.A? stuck aperture Reply with quote

Sure--

But I don't have a car--so just give me yours and I'll drop it by. Oh, and I don't have a house either. I'll need one of those.

Jeff