Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtlander Apo-Lanthar 90mm f3.5 NOW SOLD
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Voigtlander Apo-Lanthar 90mm f3.5 NOW SOLD Reply with quote

I really have too many lenses between 75 and 105mm . . . and now I want to buy another! Something has to move out to let a newcomer find a place in my cupboard Very Happy

Voigtlander 90mm f3.5 Apo-Lanthar in Leica screw rangefinder fitting. This is indeed an excellent lens. Cosmetic condition is as shown in the picture. Optics free from any nastyness, although you may find the odd dust particle if you look closely. Focusing buttery smooth, aperture blades perfectly clean. BUT, there is one thing to note - if you fancy buying it to use on a rangefinder camera there may well be a rangefinder coupling problem at closer distances.

It's fine at infinity and stays so down to around 5 or 6 meters, but then an error sets in. When I bought the lens it was perfect at close range, but then I had the camera serviced and the error became noticeable. I'm not sure why that came about.

Still, that's no problem on any of the mirrorless cameras and for the last two years I've used it on my Lumix with great success.

Asking price, bearing in mind the possible rangefinder difficulty, is GBP £130 plus shipping at cost.