Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtlander 35mm 1.2 vs Sigma 35mm Art 1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject: Voigtlander 35mm 1.2 vs Sigma 35mm Art 1.4 Reply with quote

So the Voigtlander 35mm 1.2 is an ASPH lens so I'm wondering if the Summilux ASPH will perform 'better' than the Voigtlander 35mm? I expect the Zeiss ZE 35mm f/1.4 T* Distagon would perform in a similar way to the Sigma.

http://www.paulmarbrook.com/voigtlander-35mm-1-2-vs-sigma-35mm-art-1-4/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the images in your comparison, one could very easily conclude that there is no reason to get the Voightlander over the Sigma (maybe the only thing better on the Voightlander is the foreground bokeh?). But is this really the case?

p.s. the differences between f1.2 and f1.4 on the Voightlander are really small, something i noticced on my Nikkor 50 f1.2.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:
Looking at the images in your comparison, one could very easily conclude that there is no reason to get the Voightlander over the Sigma (maybe the only thing better on the Voightlander is the foreground bokeh?). But is this really the case?

What do you mean by is this really the case?

I think that if you have nothing in focus at at the edges on the same focla plain as the centre then the VL renders beautifully.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldschool wrote:
tomasg wrote:

I think that if you have nothing in focus at at the edges on the same focla plain as the centre then the VL renders beautifully.

That is exactly what i meant. I think this is a common way of thinking on this forum.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:
oldschool wrote:
tomasg wrote:

That is exactly what i meant. I think this is a common way of thinking on this forum.

So the question is.. is there anything that can match the Sigma 35 Art lens in RF form in terms of sharpness? I know that my E-Mount version of the Zeiss Distagon FE 35mm 1.4 ZA is near identical to the Sigma but has smoother out of focus areas. Again, like the Sigma its a very large lens. I know sharpness isnt everything and thats why I'm here becasue its way down on my list Smile When you see how the Sigma performs all round its very hard to ignore especially against other more expensive lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid that no RF lens can beat Sigma Art in term of sharpness and bokeh. Even the best modern DSLR lenses in the market now don't have significant advantage over this lens. I find myself very loyal to this lens whenever I need to capture high quality photos. The second choice for me is Voigtlander Ultron 35/1.7, mainly because of its size and sharpness. If I'm not wrong, the Ultron is better than 35/1.2 stopping down to f/1.7.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Langstrum wrote:
I'm afraid that no RF lens can beat Sigma Art in term of sharpness and bokeh. Even the best modern DSLR lenses in the market now don't have significant advantage over this lens. I find myself very loyal to this lens whenever I need to capture high quality photos. The second choice for me is Voigtlander Ultron 35/1.7, mainly because of its size and sharpness. If I'm not wrong, the Ultron is better than 35/1.2 stopping down to f/1.7.

Plastic molded aspheric elements have changed the game, along with myriad "ED" glass available. It's only stopped-down that old lenses with old designs can begin to match modern, high-quality lenses designed for sharpness, contrast, resolution. Lenses long ago would "sacrifice" control of one aspect of performance to improve another, not so much needed these days.