Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtlander 125mm f/2.5 Macro APO-Lanthar sample pics topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

negreter19 wrote:
calvin83 wrote:
The new one will be better and more compact on a MILC camera.

better and aparently much cheaper?

I think so. We will know how good the lens will be when it is available.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

negreter19 wrote:
blotafton wrote:
I can't comment on if it's worth the price. But did you know that finally a new 110mm f/2.5 successor was just released?

https://www.dpreview.com/news/0592472201/voigtlander-releases-details-and-price-of-its-110mm-f2-5-macro-apo-lanthar-for-sony-e-mount

do you think that is better than the 125mm lanthar?? I tis not a colletible item this 125mm?

I got an offer of 1200 euros today...

I have never used the 125mm. But it's an excellent lens by all accounts. The new 110mm should be as good or better, but it's always best to check reviews and samples first.

My advice is buy one of each! Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so apparently there is not minimum price for these lenses that one inproves the last best one, etc, etc....
does is it possible to find this 125mm in a couple of years for less than 1000 euros??

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

negreter19 wrote:
so apparently there is not minimum price for these lenses that one inproves the last best one, etc, etc....
does is it possible to find this 125mm in a couple of years for less than 1000 euros??

Hard to say really how prices will develop, it all depends on how well this new lens performs.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on topic, among the many macro lenses I have, the sharpness and bokeh of CV 125mm is definitely the top.

Iris_DSC5719 by Brian Zhou, on Flickr

Iris_DSC5762 by Brian Zhou, on Flickr

Iris_DSC5778 by Brian Zhou, on Flickr

Bay_DSC5784 by Brian Zhou, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

OMG, more then 50000 hits on this topic!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens I most regret selling, everytime I see photos from one it makes me feel more angry with myself, I will almost certainly purchase the new 110mm if it proves to produce images near to the 125. I found the original very easy in use, hopefully the latest one will be the same.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tervueren wrote:
The lens I most regret selling, everytime I see photos from one it makes me feel more angry with myself, I will almost certainly purchase the new 110mm if it proves to produce images near to the 125. I found the original very easy in use, hopefully the latest one will be the same.

Same here, sold my mint one in box just to regret it badly, but bought a used one back (at a much better price actually) Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Tervueren wrote:

Same here, sold my mint one in box just to regret it badly, but bought a used one back (at a much better price actually) Wink

If only I could learn from my mistakes Laugh 1
The new version is starting to appear to pre order on some UK websites, prices from £860-£1050, sold my 125 for £900 so if they are indeed as good then I didn't lose to much lol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bokeh of the 125 @f2.5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tervueren wrote:
kds315* wrote:
Tervueren wrote:

If only I could learn from my mistakes Laugh 1
The new version is starting to appear to pre order on some UK websites, prices from £860-£1050, sold my 125 for £900 so if they are indeed as good then I didn't lose to much lol

Should have known that, would have loved to pay you this price! Laugh 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Voigatlander macro 110/2.5 has been selling in the market for a while, any body has experience on it? Especially comparing with the old apo-lanthar 125/2.5. Many shops are on sale for $999 now.