Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtländer Super-Wide Heliar f4.5/15mm on Nex5n
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Voigtländer Super-Wide Heliar f4.5/15mm on Nex5n Reply with quote

Voigtländer Super-Wide Heliar f4.5/15mm on Nex5n

Just a break from all a7/a7r info...

Click to enlarge. Enjoy.

#1 - Sun Star

#2 - Action Kid

#3 - Portrait

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoan your kid looks lively and lovely, and is this your father?
center sharpness is quite impressive, for a 15mm.

the NEX5N really does is good job with this RF wide angle. Comparing the results to those on the GXR M there is a difference in favor of the later on which I never noticed any color cast and sharpness looks good even at corners, but also on my 5N color cast, for some reason, only is present at certain pics and not always, and there is only little smearing.

P.S. O.T.: I much like the pics to be clickable for full resolution. Hoan how do you do that?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my fav is the #2
this lens is just amazing Wink
Wonder if there are any differences between ltm and M versions

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you,
No, the first portrait is my cousin. I had one lens only, and need to shot 'an unique portrait' - wide cannot have bokeh as tele, so that's what i can do with a 15mm.

What i like about this lens is hyper focal: prefocus ~1,5-2m and set to f8. That fits most of my shots: portrait at table, action, difficult angles.

I have ltm version, use with M adapter + M-nex adapter. The sharpness is excellent on nex5n.

Regarding how I do click on image:

[url=<url to full size image>][img]<url to crop image, long edge max 1024>[/img][/url]

Example:
[url=h ttps://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-88fl6Bnl0gU/UakN7K1awNI/AAAAAAAAOFY/duxlzfKmUZs/w2048-h1361-no/_DSC6832.jpg]
[img]h ttps://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-88fl6Bnl0gU/UakN7K1awNI/AAAAAAAAOFY/duxlzfKmUZs/s1024/_DSC6832.jpg[/img][/url]

where

Original size format: w2048-h1361-no
Resized format: s1024

I added a space in http.

I know only how G+ script/store images, don't know how other sites do.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the ltm too and love the hyper focal "feature", the best autofocus ever Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed, hyperfocal is very useful for wide angles at smaller apertures. However the pics of your kid imo rather are samples of 'correct' focusing on subject, right on the face and wide apertures with blurred backgrounds. Actually imo they show that even with a slow and wide lens, specially if close focusing, exact focus also can be important.

thank you very much for the instructions on how to post the clickable - full res. pics, I shall try.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#4, Shot with level5, then normalized dynamic range.

#5, indoor portraits.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great shots Hoan!
the CV 4.5/15 is a real gem

in Saigon, Vietnam:

Saigon during Tet, Vietnamese New Year by andreas, on Flickr

neighborhood girls by andreas, on Flickr

Untitled by andreas, on Flickr

Jakarta, Indonesia:

Untitled by andreas, on Flickr

and on top of vulcano Mt. Batur, in Bali, Indonesia:

view from Mt. Batur by andreas, on Flickr