Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtländer 1.4/55mm Color-Ultron: Mamiya thus Tomioka?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:

Would there be chance your Mamiya had it's rear element replaced?

As far as I can conclude from pictures of other lenses the rear element of my lens has different bracing from later Mamiya/Rolleinar lenses and from Yashika 50/1.4 lens. It is identical in every aspect to this lens apart from being convex https://picasaweb.google.com/dimitrygo/55mmF14LensesInAlphabeticalOrder#5422581439576312322

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Mamiya Auto Sekor 1.4 and also the original Tomioka version, called Auto Tominon. I think, this is the same lens.

best regards

Ingo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Voigtländer Color-Ultron 1.4/55 Click here to see on Ebay.de seems pretty interesting with "Lens made in West Germany" stated as origin. All samples i've seen so far had Japan (Mamiya Rollei too).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has a typical Rollei Design so maybe it's made by Rollei?

Some other "Voigtländer" lenses like the Voigtländer Color Ultron 50/1.8 are identical to 50/1.8 CZ Planar and Rollei Planar HFT 50/1.8
They were Rollei/CZ license copys and produced in both Singapur and West Germany.
And the design of the casing looks very similar to the 55/1.4

Last edited by ForenSeil on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's only early Japan version and they might be less strict with origin declaration at the time.