Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar Series 1 90/2.5 Macro with 1:1 Attachment Lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Vivitar Series 1 90/2.5 Macro with 1:1 Attachment Lens Reply with quote

I think (hope) that I made a very good deal in obtaining this lens. It was "hidden" in the seller's description, and it was really only the lens that I was "going for", as I know that this lens is excellent.

The title of the eBay listing was: Yashica TL Electro-X Camera and 4 Lenses

I won and purchased the whole works at $85.

I am thinking that this is a good buy, based on the following equipment that was included in the sale. I looked up the average prices using our own MF Buying Guide in combination with eBay Completed Listings.

1. Soligor 35-70/2.5-3.5
average price $49

2. Yashica Yashinon DX 50/1.4
average price $54

3. Vivitar Series 1 90/2.5 Macro with Vivitar Series 1 Macro 1:1 Adapter
average price $74 (wild range of eBay prices - $30 - $250!)

4. Vivitar 100-300/5.0 Close Focus
average price $36

5. Yashica TL Electro-X Camera Body
average price $25

6. UV Filter on each lens, plus one blue and one yellow filter. Also, a polarizer for the Vivitar 90/2.5. Also, all manuals included.

So, the average comes to $213 buying separately.

I am not expecting stellar performance from the Soligor 35-70 or the Vivitar 100-300.

I am expecting good performance for the Yashinon 50/1.4 and the Vivitar 90/2.5.

Now...I have to keep my fingers crossed that all is well with the condition of the articles...and especially the Vivitar Macro lens that was the reason for my bid in the first place. Surprised

And, of course, I'll post images once I've used the Vivitar Macro lens.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is "the" deal...

Vivitar 90mm usually fetch $175+.. very reputed, sharp and really nice macro lens...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Bargain of Year! Congrats!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always with eBay, I won't know if it's REALLY a bargain until I see the equipment and use it. I sure hope so, though...I'm especially hoping that the Vivitar 90/2.5 macro is a good item, as I think I would love to use this focal length for macro images.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens a pretty good one in non macro usage, I still didn't use for macro shoots Sad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Laurence, you find a real bargain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Vivitar Series 1 90/2.5 Macro with 1:1 Attachment Lens Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:

I am expecting good performance for the Yashinon 50/1.4 and the Vivitar 90/2.5.

Some images from the 90/2.5 and an advert with specs and such.

Nice deal!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence

I have that lens and it is incredible. Verrrry sharp, lovely OOF rendition, can be used as a portrait lens without the adapter. In recent months it has been selling pretty consistently near the $200 mark. I picked mine up like you - hidden on ebay. It had been completely mislabeled without any mention of the macro. I got it for $50 - probably my best buy on ebay. It compares very well with the other better known macros (like the Tokina, Tamron). Good find.

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am greatly uplifted by the apparent agreement that the 90/2.5 is a very good lens. THANK YOU all for the encouragement that maybe...just maybe...this IS a good buy.