Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar Series 1 28mm f1.9 M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a lot of M42@DSLR users in CR. Most of them use Canon bodies and some of them Sigmas (due to limited portfolio of SA lenses). But majority of these users buy Helios 44 (or Pancolar 50/1.8 / Pentacon 50/1.8 ) and don't try anything else. The problem is that local market is very weak and if you don't sell f/1.4 Takumars or Tomiokas, you'll lose too much.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Cool! Thanks! I don't know we have any other members from your country or you are alone. I would like to see more. I would like to see sometimes your beautiful capital city Prague.

Prague is a very nice city, have visited it on a business trip. Nicely historic, interesting architecture, friendly people. Great beer. Food ... variable Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you have time to take shoots ? If yes can you show us some ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pictures no-x and Relayer.

I have the Komine-Vivitar 28/2 and your pictures remind me of what my lens produces -- only a bit sharper maybe.
Absolutely necessary to do CA correction to get sharp landscapes.
Bokeh is variable - can be nice but also horrible. Smile

I would really like to know/see the results from your comparison, Relayer!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I just received my Komine-Vivitar 28/2. I thank you very much bringing this little beauty under my attention! Great closeup lens.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerryMK wrote:
Today I just received my Komine-Vivitar 28/2. I thank you very much bringing this little beauty under my attention! Great closeup lens.

Congrats! Nice lens all around!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that Vivitar Series 1 28mm 1.9 is a radioactive lens.
Anybody knows is it true?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it and I still don't glow in the dark.... Wink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuriy M. wrote:

Kind of stupid thing to avoid "radioactive" lenses they provide minimal radioactivity I have many lenses of them and I am not worry at all. I did work 15 yrs in Nuclear Power Plant so I met some radioactivity...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Yuriy M. wrote:

Kind of stupid thing to avoid "radioactive" lenses they provide minimal radioactivity I have many lenses of them and I am not worry at all. I did work 15 yrs in Nuclear Power Plant so I met some radioactivity...

So much for your shiny ideas! Wink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Attila wrote:
Yuriy M. wrote:

So much for your shiny ideas! Wink

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked about radioactivity because I interest is there any problems with such lenses with shipping it by airmail?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, radioactive lenses don't cause any problems unless you want to use them in nuclear power plant Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Yuriy M. wrote:

...now that explains everything!! Wink Wink

But kidding aside, I think that issue is severely overrated. Some guy I know did some test putting such radioactive lenses on photo paper - and it took many hours to even get a visible exposure!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw., do modern Cosina made Lanthars contain any lanthanum glass, or do they use other rare-earth elements and the "Lanthar" name was kept only because of tradition (or marketing)?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
Btw., do modern Cosina made Lanthars contain any lanthanum glass, or do they use other rare-earth elements and the "Lanthar" name was kept only because of tradition (or marketing)?

Lanthanum glass or other rare-earth element.. 99.99% sure because ALL modern lenses contains rare-earth elements

"Lanthar" name was kept only because of tradition .. ABSOLUTELY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a dirty copy of the S1 28/1.9 today at a flea market, in FD mount.
Pretty soft wide open, but very nice if stopped down a bit.
A few quick shots on a Sony A7R:

Seen better days by scepticswe, on Flickr

Seen better days II by scepticswe, on Flickr

Sunny foreground by scepticswe, on Flickr