Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar series 1 200/3.0
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Vivitar series 1 200/3.0 Reply with quote

Vivitar series 1 200/3.0 (Konica mount) used upon Canon 40D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice portrait. Natural colors.

Good lens too.

Rino.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legend among the Vivs. How did you mount it?

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
How did you mount it?

Using Nicon-Canon EOS adapter.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleAlex wrote:
patrickh wrote:
How did you mount it?

??? Haven't heard of that one before?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
LittleAlex wrote:
patrickh wrote:
How did you mount it?

??? Haven't heard of that one before?

Like that one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-Lens-to-Canon-50D-7D-5D-MKII-1Ti-Xsi-500D-adapter_W0QQitemZ360202849613QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLens_Accessories?hash=item53ddc34d4d

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps patrickh referred to an possible konica (vivitar lens mount)-canon eos adapter.

Rino.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Perhaps patrickh referred to an possible konica-canon eos adapter.

No. it is really Nikon adapter. However the Konica lenses are able to be slept in, and to be fixed inside, if you would be find the proper orientation. Only the problem might be with diaphragm lever, so you should be very careful.

It looks like that, of course:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks LittleAlex.

Konica lens 1,2/57. Wow!! What do you think about it?

I know it's out of thread, but this lens is so beauty. . . .

Rino.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no idea a Konica would mount in a nikon mount!

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is good news... Smile

I'll have to give this a go and see how things work. First I need a Konica lens. Cool

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no infinity, most lenses are use less. Nikon register distance is 45 or 46mm , Konica is 40,5mm only. I did also mount on D50 most of them use less long tele lenses like this 200mm usable up to 2-3m distance. 100mm up to 60cm -1m, 50mm and below completely unusable. Mount is not safe, you will have to face with aperture lever problem. I not recommend at all. Micro 4/3 only the way to use Konica lenses on DSLR.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleAlex wrote:
estudleon wrote:
Perhaps patrickh referred to an possible konica-canon eos adapter.

No. it is really Nikon adapter. However the Konica lenses are able to be slept in, and to be fixed inside, if you would be find the proper orientation. Only the problem might be with diaphragm lever, so you should be very careful.

It looks like that, of course:

What a surprise. I have read somewhere that the Nikon mount is similar to the Konica but never tought that it would works. Best sample to try it before thinking Wink

Can you perhaps show some pics of the mount side with the adapter on it. Would be very interesting. Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Vivitar S1 3/200 as well.

Manufactured by Komine in March/April 1976.

A cracking bit of glass. Cool

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
There is no infinity, most lenses are use less. Nikon register distance is 45 or 46mm , Konica is 40,5mm only. I did also mount on D50 most of them use less long tele lenses like this 200mm usable up to 2-3m distance. 100mm up to 60cm -1m, 50mm and below completely unusable. Mount is not safe, you will have to face with aperture lever problem. I not recommend at all. Micro 4/3 only the way to use Konica lenses on DSLR.

You are completely right. The lever has to be taken out anyway as the very first option. Also the problems with infinity. However, some lenses might be adjusted to shift the infinity by the helicoids. Particularly that vivitar, and long telephoto. Also, for example, 35/2.0. It wouldn’t be possible to use them on the Konicas anymore, of course.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t concern 57/1.2 So, it is usable on canon only for macro, which means it is useless.
Which is so pitiful because the lens is tempestuously good. Well, I will continue it on my Konicas. Or, perhaps, I would buy some 2/3 digital in the future.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:

Konica lens 1,2/57. Wow!! What do you think about it?

Rino.

There is the picture taken with that lens on the film. The full opening – 1.2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:

A cracking bit of glass. Cool

There is one more picture by that lens. Taken on the film.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleAlex wrote:
Attila wrote:

You are completely right. The lever has to be taken out anyway as the very first option. Also the problems with infinity. However, some lenses might be adjusted to shift the infinity by the helicoids. Particularly that vivitar, and long telephoto. Also, for example, 35/2.0. It wouldn’t be possible to use them on the Konicas anymore, of course.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t concern 57/1.2 So, it is usable on canon only for macro, which means it is useless.
Which is so pitiful because the lens is tempestuously good. Well, I will continue it on my Konicas. Or, perhaps, I would buy some 2/3 digital in the future.

Don't make unrecoverable conversion and so-so useful conversion on Konica glasses. Used micro 4/3 bodies are cheaper and cheaper month by month. You will able to use them trouble free , this modifications just kill them without good reason. So many good lens available for Canon , don't need really to convert any glasses. I don't have money right now to take micro 4/3 camera, but I keep in big respect my Konica glasses and keep them in genuine stage and I hope I able to buy soon a G1 body and use them.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Don't make unrecoverable conversion and so-so useful conversion on Konica glasses. Used micro 4/3 bodies are cheaper and cheaper month by month.

Well, if I convert anything I commonly look that it might be reconverted back, if needed.
Concerning 2/3 digital – it is two times less than the full format. So, I still in doubt whether I really with to start with it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleAlex wrote:
Attila wrote:

Don't make unrecoverable conversion and so-so useful conversion on Konica glasses. Used micro 4/3 bodies are cheaper and cheaper month by month.

Well, if I convert anything I commonly look that it might be reconverted back, if needed.
Concerning 2/3 digital – it is two times less than the full format. So, I still in doubt whether I really with to start with it.

http://forum.mflenses.com/using-odd-lenses-on-micro-4-3rds-cameras-t21860.html

Look this thread it helps perhaps to change your mind and next one will come with bigger sensor SAMSUNG-NX.