Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar mount recognise request
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Vivitar mount recognise request Reply with quote

Hey guys, can you please tell me what mount is this, I plan to use it on my Olympus E-520, so I want to know before I buy it what adapter to get:

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/6/8/9/7/2/5/webimg/473651406_o.jpg

thank you Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta MD
Several Vivitar lenses has interchangeable TX,TX4 mount you can count this solution also and replace lens mount to a more useful one.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Minolta MD
Several Vivitar lenses has interchangeable TX,TX4 mount you can count this solution also and replace lens mount to a more useful one.

Thx, so you are saying that there should not be problem with Olympus e system? I'm having spare m42 adapter, that wont work right?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, just to be a little bit picky, I believe that's a Minolta MC mount, and not an MD. I don't see that second tab that would make it an MD. They're both completely interchangeable, so it's really just a point of clarification.

No, M42 won't work. You'll need a Minolta MC/MD adapter to Oly for it to work. If the adapter says Minolta MD, don't worry, even though it's an MC, it'll still fit.

Also, if it were a TX/TX4 mount, you should see a hump somewhere along the base of the lens, and I don't see one, so I don't believe this is a TX/TX4.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Actually, just to be a little bit picky, I believe that's a Minolta MC mount, and not an MD. I don't see that second tab that would make it an MD. They're both completely interchangeable, so it's really just a point of clarification.

No, M42 won't work. You'll need a Minolta MC/MD adapter to Oly for it to work. If the adapter says Minolta MD, don't worry, even though it's an MC, it'll still fit.

Also, if it were a TX/TX4 mount, you should see a hump somewhere along the base of the lens, and I don't see one, so I don't believe this is a TX/TX4.

Ok, thank you on information Smile)

I tought I can remove back of that mount and put m42, but I guess I will have to use one for minoltea

I will buy it, hope it will fit...

Once again, thank you all Smile

EDIT: it say it's bayonet style mount, that is minolta right?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Michael for clarification! I didn't know there is a difference between Minolta mounts.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Thank you Michael for clarification! I didn't know there is a difference between Minolta mounts.

Glad I could help. Here's a photo I took years ago to illustrate the differences between the MD and MC mounts:

In retrospect, I probably should have placed them side by side instead of mount flange to flange, but still at least it shows the tab.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for more info!