Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar MC Wide Angle 24mm f2.8 (by Cosina)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: Vivitar MC Wide Angle 24mm f2.8 (by Cosina) Reply with quote

I took this lens out one last time before selling it. It was dull and misty outside so I did convert some to black and white. For the rest very basic PP, I did not correct any verticals or horizontals. I am using a crop camera though (a6000) so distortion is less of an issue to begin with.
It's actually much better than I initially expected but my konica 24/2.8 is just better. No point in keeping several 24mm's.

The third photo is shot wide open, the other ones were f8-f11

Crop of photo 2:

Last edited by !Karen on Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:13 pm; edited 5 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Cosina prime does look good. Advice has been to avoid the Vivitar/Cosina lenses, but this model seems to be an exception.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a pic of the lens? I just got an Exakta 2.8/24 lens, i wonder if it's the same, i can't use it yet though because i don't have a Fuji-X adapter. (ordered one, so i will post sample pics as soon as it gets here!)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WNG555 wrote:
This Cosina prime does look good. Advice has been to avoid the Vivitar/Cosina lenses, but this model seems to be an exception.
i bought this lens after viewing some great photo's by fellow member andyw. He made several topics about this lens. Sadly the images are all gone Sad

Here are photo's of the lens:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I think it is the same, your results look promising, looking forward to my adapter so i can give it a try!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples! Congrats

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne: yours has macro written on it. Does it focus closer than mine (19cm)?

And thank you antico ! Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The macro version focuses down to 15cm.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it doesn't say.

It's 25 and the next step is just "macro", so whether that is 15 or 19cm i don't know, i'll have to wait for the adapter to arrive to measure it. (but i suspect it's 19)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
Well, it doesn't say.

It's 25 and the next step is just "macro", so whether that is 15 or 19cm i don't know, i'll have to wait for the adapter to arrive to measure it. (but i suspect it's 19)

I don't own a copy of this lens, but their are multiple threads on various forums that always list mfd of this lens at 15cm, no matter which brand.
It was also sold as a Miranda lens, and others.
Hopefully the mfd is correct, but it might be another internet myth. ☺

Last edited by walter g on Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen, its funny, I spent 3 hours on Friday sorting and organizing my lenses.
The one lens I pulled out to try again was this lens.
Mine is the same as yours but mine is FD mount.
I ordered a FD Sony E mount adapter so I could try it on my, new to me, Nex 6.
So thanks for posting this thread, and nice samples.
I'm looking foward trying mine again.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some fine shots by Karen!

Here is my thread about this lens Smile

http://forum.mflenses.com/vivitar-24mm-2-8-a-great-little-lens-t66103.html

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fuji X-mount to NEX adapter arrived and we had a few nice hours to do some shooting. I took the 24mm with me, it's a really good lens!
If you're looking for an affordable alternative in 24mm: this is the one to get, big plus: it focuses really close!

Samples made on Sony A7.

Astrea by René Maly, on Flickr

Natural Tea by René Maly, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good!