Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 24mm 2.8 - a great little lens.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 24mm 2.8 - a great little lens. Reply with quote

This is the Vivitar 24mm f/2.8, serial number beginning with 99, thought I'd show what this nice little lens can do.

Build quality is alright, a bit "plasticy". But most importantly focus is smooth.

This lens has actually become one of my favorites, and favorite FL. The standard lens to put on the camera for walks. Image quality compared with other 24's is probably not the best, from what I've seen on this site. Most notably a lack of sharpness in the outer corners. The center however is nice and sharp, and color rendition is neutral. A nice bonus is close focus abillity of 19cm.

Anyone else using this 24mm?

Lake sunrise

Forest sunrise.

Off the beaten track (on a beaten track)

Bricks (f/2.Cool

Lofoten

Å, Lofoten.

Landscape (f/Cool

Forgotten more or less.

Soft bokeh

Dark autum day.

Fresh powder.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have some great landscapes to photograph blotafton. I think some Sibelius to accompany...

Am I right in thinking that lens is MD mount? What camera are you using?

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots of beautiful scenery.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens indeed - and well used!

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
You have some great landscapes to photograph blotafton. I think some Sibelius to accompany...

Am I right in thinking that lens is MD mount? What camera are you using?

Thanks! I put on a Sibelius track on youtube, relaxing stuff.

Indeed it's a MD lens, The shots are taken with a Minolta X-700. All photos are taken with Kodak Portra 160 except the mushrooms witch is Provia 100.

I like film but a Sony A7 would be really nice to own Smile

uddhava wrote:
Nice shots of beautiful scenery.

LucisPictor wrote:
Nice lens indeed - and well used!

Thanks guys! I recommend this lens to everyone on a budget or to those who doesn't already have higher end 24mm.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens is most probably made by cosina !!! good little lens!! very nice photos on fullframe!!

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raay04 wrote:
This lens is most probably made by cosina !!! good little lens!! very nice photos on fullframe!!

Oh, then it's my first cosina lens! Solid preformer!

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the camera, my film shooter of choice!
Obviously with a different lens attached!