Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 24mm f/2 - Komine version
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 24mm f/2 - Komine version Reply with quote

I picked up this lens recently to replace my Kiron 28/2, which is just a little too close to my Mir 24-N 35/2. The is the Vivitar 28xxxxx version and is made by Komine. It looks like the other later Komine Vivitars i.e. black with green numbers and very small!

There is no obvious pp to these images other than the standard Adobe RAW tweaks and my standard Photoshop 50% unsharp mask @ 0.5 px. All colours and contrast are as shot.

Wide open @ f2

f2.8 if I remember correctly!

I *think* this is wide open, but it's very contrasty so I'm not totally sure! OOF highlights look round though and I was VERY close.

f5.6

I have to say, I'm incredibly impressed! The lens renders beautifully, in my eyes, with a sort of slide film quality. Corners are way sharper than the Nikkor 24/2 Ai I owned previously, when wide open. Detail is very good at f5.6. Really, really pleased with this purchase! Plus, it should be useful on crop as well.

Last edited by ManualFocus-G on Fri May 27, 2011 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the pictures have a sort of Agfachrome character.

But, REPLACE your 28/2, not SUPPLEMENT it? Oh my... I have the Kiron 24/2 and 28/2.5, and the Komine CFWA 28/2 (all badged as Vivitar). I would gladly supplement those with with other nice glass, but I could not replace them, no.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks ok stopped down a couple of clicks, but the wide open shot is not too clever; especially as you used USM.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin - I agree, it sort of glows wide open, but it's good in the corners which is interesting. Definitely a lens for low light work, mostly indoors Smile Stopped down it's excellent.

RioRico - I'm on a mission to keep only the lenses I use or look pretty on the shelf Wink I agree though, the film like look is different Smile

I'll do some crops soon.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just bought a mint one at a boot sale......so I'll have to dig out my OM20 to test it, and if it's a very good lens..... I wont complain about the price I paid for it Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really interesting graham. its not easy to get such a fast 24, and its so compact! seems perfect for a crop cam as its then a pretty fast 35. what mount does it come in? whats a good price?
tony