Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 200mm prime lens shoot out.....The players
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 200mm prime lens shoot out.....The players Reply with quote

In an effort to answer the question of how good each 200mm Vivitar prime lens is and how it would stack up with other 200mm primes that were offered by Vivitar I begin this shoot out. It will take some time as my free time at the present is very sparse.
The players....a group shot.

Vivitar 200mm f/3.5 T4 with tripod mount

Vivitar Bright Band 200mm f/3.5

Vivitar 200mm f/3.5 T4 without tripod mount

Vivitar Series 1 200mm f/3.0

Vivitar 200mm f/3.5 Komine fixed mount rubber focus grip

Vivitar 200mm f/3.5 Kiron metal focus grip

Vivitar 200mm f/3.5 pre-set

Vivitar 200mm f/3.5 Komine fixed mount metal focus grip

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping the F3 does badly so I don't have to buy one! Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, not so easy to handicap these. I have only tried versions of four of them.

To go way out on a limb I'll back the smaller T4 to place.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My money is on the Series 1, but good luck getting the focus right. Sharp, but much CA.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will see soon.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bet: Komine, then Kiron and Series-1, and then the rest.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Series 1 is also a Komine.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess same as aoleg. I think last photo komine f/3.5 will stomp the others including f/3.0 series 1.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm rooting for the Komine also, but this is simply because I own one. I hope the S1 scores very high, cuz I'd like to get one one of these days.

At any rate, I look forward to the outcome. I'd like to find a good 200 faster than f/4 in Nikon mount, and this test of Big Dawg's will help.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Well, I'm rooting for the Komine also, but this is simply because I own one. I hope the S1 scores very high, cuz I'd like to get one one of these days.

At any rate, I look forward to the outcome. I'd like to find a good 200 faster than f/4 in Nikon mount, and this test of Big Dawg's will help.

Going to try to get started in the morning on this if nothing gets in the way.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can say this and hopefully you take it in the humor I mean it..and your wife does too if she ever reads this......"deep breath"......Give her some money and send her shopping and you will have all morning and "nothing will get in the way".... Laughing Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
cooltouch wrote:

Going to try to get started in the morning on this if nothing gets in the way.

Tease!
Laughing Laughing Laughing