Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 2.8/28mm on Canon T3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 2.8/28mm on Canon T3 Reply with quote

This is the Cosina made version. You can click on the photos to see a larger version. Comments and criticisms
welcome. This is not the greatest lens, but I like it okay.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Komine gets all the glory, but is the difference that great ? I think you would have to do some serious pixel peeping to see any difference.

Very nice pictures, that's what counts.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
The Komine gets all the glory, but is the difference that great ? I think you would have to do some serious pixel peeping to see any difference.

Very nice pictures, that's what counts.

Thank you, glad you like them. Happy to be out shooting, even if it is only around the house.
I haven't had my lenses too long so I am trying to learn their strengths and weaknesses.
Basically how much to stop them down to get a good result. This lens can focus to about 6-8 inches.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is my worst WA lens. It catching some sharpness on f11 and blur on all wider apertures. May be this particular copy is bad?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulius wrote:
It is my worst WA lens. It catching some sharpness on f11 and blur on all wider apertures. May be this particular copy is bad?

Well, mine does have to be stopped down to get sharp results as I hinted above, but at f8 it seems good.
I struggle with focusing when the conditions are not so good so it is hard for me to judge how good a lens is.
Perhaps something is wrong with yours if you find it so bad.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm not using WA lenses for close-up, may be 28/2,5 is designed for this purpose?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulius wrote:
Well, I'm not using WA lenses for close-up, may be 28/2,5 is designed for this purpose?

I have a 2.8/28 Vivitar that can focus to around 8 inches. There are also others made by Kiron and/or Komine that I
believe can also focus closely. I have taken non close-up shots with it that I was satisfied with so it gives me
more options which I like.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I will try.