Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 135mm f2.8 by Komine
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 135mm f2.8 by Komine Reply with quote

I have been offered this for $60.00Can. tried looking up on forum but only saw Preset version,it looks in great condition from photo and is local sale.Anyone have experience with this lens or accolades?. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seems an awful lot to pay for a 135mm mf lens.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is in VG condition

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:

not if it is close focusing version

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can"t see serial number on his photo"s but says is Komine starts 28,all I see on his pics is auto telephoto,does this help?

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the exact version. Mine is also a Komin made 135/2.8 for PK mount. It has a build in hood. It is a very nice lens but focusing distance leaves something to be desired(close to 2 meters). I wouldn't pay more than $30-$40 for it in mint condition. I paid $20 for mine which was in like new condition with filter and a leather bag.

The close focus version is much pricier though. I have seen those bid as high as $90-$100 on US ebay. Personally, I would pick up a Kiron made 70-150 macro focusing Vivitar F/3.8 for $30 which seem to have better focusing attribute as well as resolution/color.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks drjs,I have seen one for sale will pursue.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
ManualFocus-G wrote:

not if it is close focusing version

Good point, forgot about that one!

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks identical to my Vivitar 135, that I found in a charity shop for £5 or so, and it's OK, but not special. It's a decent lens for little money, for proper money I think there are better lenses around. Mine is also a Komine with a 28****** serial number.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens on a film camera and can give a bit of pop as well, but my CZJ 135mm Sonnar is a bit sharper and also with the chance of pop, so guess which one I use........I paid about £10 for mine (not close focusing) off the bay about 2 years ago.

Vivitar 135mm f2.8 Komine non focusing ver on film, supermarket dev and scan....a bit of pop but not razor sharp.

Last edited by Excalibur on Wed May 29, 2013 6:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had that one and thought it was very good. I also have a Close Focus model that is in great shape except for two things; I took the mount off and can't get it back on (I think OM); and it has no rubber grip on the focusing barrel. I'll sell it for that $60.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI woodrim,could it be converted to, a,Pentax K or M42,b, Nikon AI, or Konica AR,if so may be interested.Regards

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no clue, but think probably not. That is why I took the mount off - to see if I could change it to M42 or directly to my Sony A-mount. I quickly determined it was beyond my capability. I would recommend it for a mirrorless camera like NEX or 4/3 after it has been reunited with its mount.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe me I have appx,70 cameras now(All Working) the last thing I need is another system,many thanks for your reply though.Regards

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some samples from this lens:

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very quick and dirty shootout for the Vivitar against a Canon FD 135 / 3.5 and a Olympus Zuiko OM 135 / 3.5. All hand held and shot out of the back door in heavy rain and wind. All at f8. No PP just sized.

Vivitar

Canon

Olympus

100% crops from wide open shots - f2.8 for the Vivitar and f3.5 for the Canon and Olympus

Vivitar

Canon

Olympus

The Vivitar is probably better than 'OK'