Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pictures of the Leica R 560/6.8 lens itself
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Pictures of the Leica R 560/6.8 lens itself Reply with quote

I originally added this to the post in the gallery but think it may have gotten buried in the post. So here's two images of the lens mentioned. The one shot compares it to my Canon 400/5.6 so that you can get a feel for how long it really is. The length can be a hinderance. The round button on the side is the lock you must press to focus the lens.

This shot shows it with the shoulder stock. I still need to make some mods to this setup to make it practical. Mainly I want an efficient way to mount the remote control so that I can fire it easily while using the shoulder stock. This shot also show the lens fully retracted, including the built in hood. This is as short as it gets.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case anyone might be interested, some pics of the Novoflex version, compared to a Sigma 500/4.5 and a Sigma 400/5.6 Apo Tele Macro:

Fully extended, with lens hoods. The Novoflex has a very practical macro feature, a built-in extension tube. It also has a shutter button on the front pistol grip which can be attached to the camera. I don't have the matching shoulder stock unfortunately.

Without hoods.

The Leitz Telyt head has a wonderful aperture, 24 blades I counted - or was it 25?

James, can your R-version be transported in two pieces as well?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a serious amount of aperture blades Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!! Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dickb wrote:

The Leitz Telyt head has a wonderful aperture, 24 blades I counted - or was it 25?

James, can your R-version be transported in two pieces as well?

You've got to love the circular aperture!!

Yes mine comes apart also. The two tube fit together like yours by the aperture blades. A thread collar then screws down and locks the pieces together. The head of the lens also unscrews with allow access to the back on the inner optical unit. I am going to take mine off and then clean and lube the guide rods. It seems to be a bit too tough to move and hopefully this will help some.

Thanks for sharing your images. It's very hard to find pictures of these on the internet.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Shocked That's nice stuff!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure is impressive!