Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya MyRapid... worth it?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Mamiya MyRapid... worth it? Reply with quote

Hi everyone Smile
I have found a fairly reasonably priced Mamiya MyRapid on the Interwebz. It has fixed a 1.7/32mm Auto-Tominon lens (2.4/45mm equiv.). I'm really hesitating... Should I buy it and try to remove the lens and adapt it to my Alpha 7II? Is it a realistic prospect? I have basically no idea what the flange focal length is or how far it protrudes into the body, but the idea of potentially getting a lens from a manufacturer as reputed as Tomioka for about €90 is pretty exciting, I have to admit. What do you think?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome InigoMontoya

Half frame lens might not cover full frame.

I don't know about dollars value or rarity of camera to make assessment. Usually better not to destroy good old camera, imho.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Mamiya MyRapid... worth it? Reply with quote

InigoMontoya wrote:
Hi everyone Smile
... 1.7/32mm Auto-Tominon lens (2.4/45mm equiv.)...

it is f1.7 or it isn't 45mm may be an equivalent in full frame but the aperture stays the same

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not half-frame but 24x24.

Use it, Rapid casettes are easy to fill with 135 films.

If it works, I think you can even sell it as a functioning camera and get some money. Smile

edit: ok, now I see the price 90€ is actually a normal price for a fully working and tested camera.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
It is not half-frame but 24x24

Surprisingly it is not!
I expected the same: rapid = 24x24.
But the Mamiya Myrapid I got in my hands is a halfframe camera: 18x24mm.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
kansalliskala wrote:
It is not half-frame but 24x24

Surprisingly it is not!
I expected the same: rapid = 24x24.
But the Mamiya Myrapid I got in my hands is a halfframe camera: 18x24mm.

Does it work?

I have not touched these full-auto selenium cell cameras basically because: If the cell is old the camera just does not work.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shutter works, but the aperture doesn't work properly.