Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya MyRapid... worth it?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Mamiya MyRapid... worth it? Reply with quote

Hi everyone Smile
I have found a fairly reasonably priced Mamiya MyRapid on the Interwebz. It has fixed a 1.7/32mm Auto-Tominon lens (2.4/45mm equiv.). I'm really hesitating... Should I buy it and try to remove the lens and adapt it to my Alpha 7II? Is it a realistic prospect? I have basically no idea what the flange focal length is or how far it protrudes into the body, but the idea of potentially getting a lens from a manufacturer as reputed as Tomioka for about €90 is pretty exciting, I have to admit. What do you think?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome InigoMontoya

Half frame lens might not cover full frame.

I don't know about dollars value or rarity of camera to make assessment. Usually better not to destroy good old camera, imho.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Mamiya MyRapid... worth it? Reply with quote

InigoMontoya wrote:
Hi everyone Smile
... 1.7/32mm Auto-Tominon lens (2.4/45mm equiv.)...

it is f1.7 or it isn't 45mm may be an equivalent in full frame but the aperture stays the same

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not half-frame but 24x24.

Use it, Rapid casettes are easy to fill with 135 films.

If it works, I think you can even sell it as a functioning camera and get some money. Smile

edit: ok, now I see the price 90€ is actually a normal price for a fully working and tested camera.