Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rollei Vario Dynar 4/80-200 AR question
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Rollei Vario Dynar 4/80-200 AR question Reply with quote

This was in a box of lenses i received. I do not have any adapters to connect the QBM mount to any camera i have and there aren't any exampleshots on the net. (or i can't find them!)

SO, is this lens worth buying an adapter to EOS? Anyone ever used it? One thing i can say: it's a fine piece of mechanics! Feels rock solid and super smooth!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very good lens, it is made by Tokina.

It appeared under a variety of guises, Tokina AT-X, Mamiya, Rollei and Voigtlander. Imho, it is one of the very best zooms in this focal range.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah great! Just found this thread, must be the same lens then: http://forum.mflenses.com/zoom-rolleinar-4-80-200-t32553.html

I think Tokina's AT-X was f/2.8 Ian, the f/4 version was labeled RMC if i am not mistaken.... is it the same as my Vario-Dynar??

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick pic, forgive the phone IQ!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's the same lens as the zoom-rolleinar.

There is a Tokina AT-X 4/80-200 version as well as an RMC version, the AT-X has a yellow ring around the front.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the ATX and the RMC identicalor similar in quality?
Here RMC are easily available and cheap. ATX are rare.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump, misinformation

There is no such lens as a Tokina AT-X 80-200/4 with yellow ring, an SZX yes. RMC, EMZ, and SZX were versions 80-200/4 by Tokina. The AT-X 80-200 with a yellow stripe was a 2.8, and about one the worst performing 80-200 2.8's of all in my opinion.

Last edited by Mr. Disjointed on Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:24 am; edited 7 times in total