Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Accura Supertel Tc 1:1.9 f=85mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Accura Supertel Tc 1:1.9 f=85mm Reply with quote

I got this lens for a bargain price from Sweden: 44 euros shipped. Mechanically it's sound and everything works smooth. There's some debris inside, but I'll clean that up later. I certainly won't complain at the price!

It's a T2-mount lens. The T2 mount that was attached to it is marked with a "M" and has a thread bigger than M42. Fortunately I have some T2 to M42 rings around, so that was quickly solved.

Interestingly the serial number is quite close to the one from Voytek:

Quite nice round diaphragm Smile

Compared to a few of my other short fast teles (although the A* 85/1.4 is not mine Wink). Interestingly the Accura is the tallest AND the thinnest of the bunch.

Wide open the lens is a bit soft though, and the bokeh is not great either (at least to my taste). I focused on "77mm".

Stopped down it quickly gets better though. The previous one was at f/1.9 and the one below at f/4:

Final verdict: I don't know yet, I want to use it outside and for real portraits first.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda like the bokeh in the 2nd to last photo. The round highlights because of that many-bladed aperture iris are interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite like the effect it gives on the shot of your "77" - might look really good in B&W, do you think?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks an RF lens! You made great demonstration for this lens.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got a real bargain, this lens usually goes for at least twice as much.

The original "M" T-mount was probably for the Miranda screw mount, 44mm.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a big brother of this lens, a Sankor 2,8/135. It's really the same outside (all black, the color of the numbers, the rings of the apertures).

Accura/Sankor are brand/maker relationship ?

It seems to me.

Rino.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's indeed a Sankor lens (by Nissin Optical Mfg.) The other topic with Voytek's lens (see page 2): http://manualfocus.mflenses.com/accura-supertel-tc-11-9-85mm-whats-it-like-t14235.html

I wish there was a little bit more information about the maker...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have posted a few samples here: http://forum.mflenses.com/accura-supertel-tc-11-9-f85mm-samples-t21402.html

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Accura Supertel Tc 1:1.9 f=85mm Reply with quote

Finally got a copy of this lens. The 2nd element has very thin haze but I could only take the front lens element off but don't have a clue for the 2nd yet. Tried a few test shots. It is decent, probably I like the Accura/Spiratone 105mm better.