Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kuribayashi A.C. Petri Orikkor 1:2 f=50mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:23 pm    Post subject: Kuribayashi A.C. Petri Orikkor 1:2 f=50mm Reply with quote

This thread is to discuss the 50mm lens released with the original M42 Petri Penta.

What I know so far is that this lens is different from the C.C. version. It has a different color coating reflection and the name ring is different. I have seen one other label of K.C. but that was on a different focal length lens.

The lens I am referring to is featured in an advertisement by Petri for their new SLR. Paying close attention to the name ring on the 50mm lens reveals the letters A.C. as well as a comment about the coating.

There are many samples of the C.C. version 50mm lens and sample photos as well. However, I cannot find any mention of the A.C. version except for their budget ranger finder lineup which was called Color Corrected Super.

I am not sure the significance of different color reflections or coating on a lens. I am also curious if this lens had a short production of 1-2 years then why would there be such variations of coating colors.

Is there any information on the A.C. version of this lens in M42 mount?

Region of interest from a photo posted in a related thread.

The dust ring label contains "A.C." The paragraph states amber-magenta coated.

Thread on C.C. version with full page ad.
http://forum.mflenses.com/kuribayashi-petri-c-c-orikkor-2-50-t68409.html

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A.C Front

A.C. Rear

C.C. and A.C.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This must be the rarest of the Petri lenses. The coating marks are different from the newer C.C. versions, which also have higher serial numbers. I have seen A.C. attached to rangefinders but never another one for M42 SLR. Though, I have seen a few times a 50mm f1.9 A.C. fix mounted to the Petri Super rangefinder. Maybe these two lenses are related in lineage before they switched to the C.C nameplate.

The sample photo was taken with the A.C. version.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, completely different lens from the much more common later 1.8/55 and 2/55 and it is indeed a rare beast. The 1.8/55 is a superb lens, easily as good as the contemporary Takumar.

I've never had a copy of this earlier version but would like one.

Last edited by iangreenhalgh1 on Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Kuribayashi A.C. Petri Orikkor 1:2 f=50mm Reply with quote

Blazer0ne wrote:

http://forum.mflenses.com/kuribayashi-petri-c-c-orikkor-2-50-t68409.html

A seven element 2/50mm? Is - like the early Nikkor 2/5cm - a six element double gauss with a slghtly negative lens in front, to adjust for proper backfocus?

S

EDIT just saw the lens section in the link above! Strange / unusual construction indeed!