Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Asahi-Kogaku T-Takumar 1:3.5 f=7,5cm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Asahi-Kogaku T-Takumar 1:3.5 f=7,5cm Reply with quote

One of the things I like about Asahi Kogaku Kogyo K.K. is that the further you go back in the company's history, the more interesting it gets. We all know them for the Asahiflex series of cameras (the Asahiflex I was the first Japanese 35mm SLR), but it's much less known that they also made a large diversity of (miniature) binoculars (more on that in the future), and also lenses for other makers (like Minolta and even Konishiroku). They even made lenses for 6x6 folders, like the Takane Minesix Super 66.

Now I'm sure not many of you know this brand, but surely the lens name sounds familiar? I found the Minesix camera on the web and the seller has tried to restore it, but was unable to. I will try to finish the job but I'm not sure if I'm skilled anough. If all else fails then the lens is at least perfectly usable on a DSLR (with a helicoid extension tube for focusing).

What about the lens name? Many of you will think that the "T" stands for "Tele" (like I did for a moment) but that would be very strange, to include that on a 7,5cm lens intended for a 6x6 camera. I think we can safely assume that the "T" stands for "Triplet" or "Trio" (as far as I know this is not a lens of the Tessar type). Anyway, a nice find and I'm sure I'll get it to good use!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very curious but ... how did it cost to you ? Razz BTW, congrats for this rare lens Wink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew that you would ask that... Wink

Of course, it was $50 + shipping.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERY interesting !

If the shutter is OK you have avoided the worst of your troubles.

The rangefinder on this thing is coupled, so its probably going to be a bit challenging getting that right. Do you have a piece of groundglass ?

There is someone selling a lot of surplus folder bellows on ebay recently, for 6x9 mostly it seems. One of those might be useful if cut down

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Luis. Frankly, I haven't asked about the shutter because that was not one of my concerns Wink

You're asking about the groundglass to calibrate the rangefinder? Sure, I have an old view camera lying around somewhere so that should not be a problem.

Thanks again for the tips!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seems rather cheap Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
That seems rather cheap Shocked

Yeah, but you can see that the camera is in bits & pieces... And the camera is the most important part, right? Wink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure. Send me the lens, I like such useless things Razz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting! Anybody have photos?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some here (aps-c and tarnished by photobucket)
https://pentaxian.eu/oud/index.php/topic,6731.0.html

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
There are some here (aps-c and tarnished by photobucket)
https://pentaxian.eu/oud/index.php/topic,6731.0.html
Thank you!