Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flekt 20/4 scarce and fungus
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Flekt 20/4 scarce and fungus Reply with quote

I have a scarce and fungus Flekt 20/4

I shot with it, handheld, at F/11 and F/16, XP2 at iso 200, scan at 6 mp

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There doesn't seem to be a contrast problem, fungus or no fungus.

That is hard to tell on Ilford though, or it would be with XP1, that tends to improve contrast - is XP2 like XP1 ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Flek 4/20 is a fantastic lens if one does not look for world record sharpness, Leon. There is no better 20mm lens in the world for shooting architecture. It fared better in distortion tests of all the other 20mm lenses, including the 21mm Distagon of Zeiss Oberkochen.

I suggest that you have it professionally cleaned, if the damage is not much, or, that you get yourself a good copy.
But if your subjects are nature, then perhaps you would be happier with a sharper lens such as the Nikkor-UD 3.5/20

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luisalegria

I used XP2 super, that is more contrast, sharper and thin film that XP2 that is the impoved XP1.

The problem is that the lens isn't sharp for my taste.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio

You are a Flekt fans, no? You have your reasons, of course.

I'm changing my equipment and it's hard to me tacke off the leica lens of my mind.

The problem isn't the lens, I know that. It hasn't distortion at all.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
The problem is that the lens isn't sharp for my taste

I remember Orio needed to try 3 flekt to find a really sharp one
Maybe yours is not the best sample
But people like this lens more for Zeiss colors and lack of distortion than for sharpness

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu

The Zeiss colours, great, yes. But I only do B&W now, no more colour. I want to know my new equipment in B&W redition. It seem that don't like me. Confused

Thanks.