Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Z question !
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject: Z question ! Reply with quote

Hi,

Since my switch from canon to Nikon, my MF activity has been restricted to Ais lenses.

Now, with the Z cams, will we be able to properly use m42, contax, zuiko .. etc, etc , etc ?

Anybody know ?

Paul

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand correctly Z mount has the shortest flange distance and the widest diameter of all mirrorless mounts, so you should be able to adapt just about any lens to it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now it's a question of waiting for the new adapters ?
Who will be first ?

Smile
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adapters will be available pretty fast I guess Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the attraction of using of Ai-s lenses on the native mount, but I would really wait and see what Nikon does with the metering.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
I understand the attraction of using of Ai-s lenses on the native mount, but I would really wait and see what Nikon does with the metering.

No reason for the metering to be an issue.
With a mirrorless system you can easily just keep the lens stopped down & use Av.
You might want the lens wide open for focusing but the camera can brighten the EVF image to compensate so it's not as critical as it is with a DSLR.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:

+1

The Nikon adapter Nikon to Z is what's wanted, yes?

May be a month before Z AF chips and adapters for other mounts...