Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Z question !
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject: Z question ! Reply with quote

Hi,

Since my switch from canon to Nikon, my MF activity has been restricted to Ais lenses.

Now, with the Z cams, will we be able to properly use m42, contax, zuiko .. etc, etc , etc ?

Anybody know ?

Paul

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand correctly Z mount has the shortest flange distance and the widest diameter of all mirrorless mounts, so you should be able to adapt just about any lens to it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now it's a question of waiting for the new adapters ?
Who will be first ?

Smile
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adapters will be available pretty fast I guess Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the attraction of using of Ai-s lenses on the native mount, but I would really wait and see what Nikon does with the metering.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
I understand the attraction of using of Ai-s lenses on the native mount, but I would really wait and see what Nikon does with the metering.

No reason for the metering to be an issue.
With a mirrorless system you can easily just keep the lens stopped down & use Av.
You might want the lens wide open for focusing but the camera can brighten the EVF image to compensate so it's not as critical as it is with a DSLR.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:

+1

The Nikon adapter Nikon to Z is what's wanted, yes?

May be a month before Z AF chips and adapters for other mounts...