Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica R4s trouble.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject: Leica R4s trouble. Reply with quote

I can move the film transport lever all the way but there is no force to move it back and reset the shutter for another exposure, so when I push the release button, it goes down but nothing happens. How do I open the top cover and what do I need to look for in order to fix this problem?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it have power? In general though, Leica R bodies are notoriously unreliable.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
Does it have power? In general though, Leica R bodies are notoriously unreliable.

I don´t think it needs electric power to pull the handle back and reset the shutter. I think this should be forced back by a spring.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:

Not all of them are! There are problems with R3 and R4 models. The later ones, esp. R6 and later, are pretty reliable.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem solved. I opened undercover and by moving some parts of the mecanism I got it to work. I don´t know what I did or what the tecnical problem was, so I was very lucky with the result.