Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sonnar 40/2.3 + Sony A7R
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject: Sonnar 40/2.3 + Sony A7R Reply with quote

Sonnar 40/2.3 comes from Rollei XF35 compact camera. I converted it to Sony E:

It's tiny, enjoyable and sharp in the center.
Sony A7R, no post-processing besides resizing. Wide open (no aperture control on lens):

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice pictures!

you really used your Sony, how many shots you got?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskalaCafe wrote:
nice pictures!

+1

Like always with your custom conversions, unique IQ with special look.

Like 1 small Like 1 small

kansalliskalaCafe wrote:
you really used your Sony, how many shots you got?

Typical Sony wear pattern. You don't have to take a lot of photos, if you just keep it inside a bag all the time, it will get polished around the corners. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't mind the cosmetics, but mount is more and more wobbling. And it has ~200k shoots. I'm approaching A7RII, but I'm waiting for A7RIII, maybe prices drop Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the conversion difficult? Your work seems really clean. Nice images produced by this lens too.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chudy128314 wrote:
I really don't mind the cosmetics, but mount is more and more wobbling. And it has ~200k shoots. I'm approaching A7RII, but I'm waiting for A7RIII, maybe prices drop Smile

you can change the mount

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick1779 wrote:
chudy128314 wrote:

you can change the mount

Yes, but I will not have excuse to upgrade then Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teemō wrote:
Is the conversion difficult? Your work seems really clean. Nice images produced by this lens too.

After removing lens I used ordinary macro extension ring which was processed on lathe in order to keep proper thickness and size matching the lens. Then I glued the ring to lens and used cheap, slim M42 -> Sony E adapter. It's all about keeping proper distance from sensor and having parts fitting each other.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chudy128314 wrote:

You should also wait for a low cost new Zenit e-mount camera. Rumors are wild! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miran wrote:
chudy128314 wrote:

You should also wait for a low cost new Zenit e-mount camera. Rumors are wild! Very Happy

I know, it's interesting. But damn, I want that Sony A7RII sensor and I bet they'll use A7 one...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chudy128314 wrote:
Teemō wrote:

After removing lens I used ordinary macro extension ring which was processed on lathe in order to keep proper thickness and size matching the lens. Then I glued the ring to lens and used cheap, slim M42 -> Sony E adapter. It's all about keeping proper distance from sensor and having parts fitting each other.

Simple. I forgot that these lenses aren't coupled to a rangefinder so the assembly would have been quite clean to begin with.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, just a few screws.